• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie with a issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a issue

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year , I need you help please

My partner has a interim co with the final hearing set for 20/1 I just need some advice
    the mortgage is in joint names
    the debt is in her sole name
    she is a homemaker with little income
    we have 3 children in full education
    i lost my job 18 months sgo but am now back on track ( 50% less salary)
    She has a Dmp for unsecured debts of £15k ish

She has offed the shoo smiths to increase her Ccj judgement repayment but they have said it is taking toooo long to repay this is why they are pursuing the changing order.she had missed 3 payments but is one fully upto date with payments
    can anyone offer some advice please
    a rather worried

Toffo
    Last edited by Toffo; 2nd January 2015, 13:01:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Newbie with a issue

Hello Toffo
    I am sure one of the clever beagles will be along soon to offer some practical help. In the meantime gather all the relevant information together and be ready to scan and post up correspondence, facts and figures when they ask for them. I know it is hard but do try not to let this get you down. You have come to the right place.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thanks paws ,hopefully I have some help soon:flame:

Comment

Hi Welcome what is the debt Shoosmiths are attempting to secure?
        Are they aware that the mortgage is joint?
        It would I think be only a restriction order on her side .

Comment

Last edited by Toffo; 2nd January 2015, 18:08:PM.

Comment

Hi it is for £4300 for a catalogue
            they have sent myself a land registry form
            i understand from the forum it may be a restriction ,but please excuse my ignorance what is the difference ? Can they still push for a order of sale
            i have tried to negotiate to increase the repayment monthly to stop the co but they have flatly declined and will Pursue through the court
            my partner is not shirking responsibility but the initial payment of £5 month was set by the court
            why now do they want a charging order.

Comment

No they cannot push for OS, the courts would not look kindly on such an application for a "catalogue" debt.

Contest the application on the joint ownership.
              IF payments are up to date and can remain so you should be ok.

Comment

Do you think we can you contest ourselves with witness statements etc
                the payments where missed but now upto date
                it seems the end of the world but if an order of sale is slim I feel slightly better.

Comment

hi all me again , dont want to sound stupid but is NODDLE a good credit search site , ive signed up today and am amazed at the detail on the search .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X