• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking dad to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking dad to court

Sorry not sure what part if the forum to put this in

My Parents got divorced around 38 years ago and we never saw my dad for 37 years however dad moved back in mums after 30 years as he had nowhere to live
    whilst there he stated a business and built a massive shed in the back garden and once he had some money up together he moved out and left the shed and loads of rubbishlike cookers fridges ect

i have asked him a number of times to get rid of the shed as it is falling down and to remove his rubbish but he refuses to saying he don't have time

i have threatened to take him to court for the money but he just laughes and tell me to get lost and if I did take him to court he would lie throu his teeth as that's the sort of bloke he is

i need to do this as quick as possible as he goes to Thailand for nearly 5 months and I would prefer to issue proceedings whilst he is away so he can't lie to the court

I also know he won't pay up even with a ccj as he lives with his friend in a rented property and his van he uses for his buissness is his only asset and that is only worth about £1500
    His business is a cash one so he only declares a little of what he makes

Questions are

can I take him to scc in his name and the business name ?
    and
    if he don't pay can I get his van siezed or get stuff taken from his shop ??

i know this may sound heartless but he has never done anything in my life time for my mum or me and my brother except to give her stress as she lives in a council house and mum would like to move as she is getting on in age and would like to move to a smaller property but she is to scared to let the council round because of the state of the back garden

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X