• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / Marlin Decree - Getting Really Worried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin threatening decree for cabot

Good re the written confirmation, keep that safe, is it actually settled or was that an agreed figure

Re the late charges, I meant on loans or credit card charges, bank account charges are more difficult to use as leverage.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: Cabot / Marlin Decree - Getting Really Worried

Wait until you know who now owns the debt or contact them to withold any court action until it has been clarified, ask them for Notice of Allocation

Spoke to Marlin. Cabot own the debt and Marlin are authorised as their sister company to deal with the account fully and make decisions on it.

Comment

Sister company my arse :rofl:

Up to you, yes they have been asked to collect by Cabot but they are completely separate companies. You can negotiate with them legitimately, I would still ask Marlins too for Notice of Assignment though and a breakdown of the debt, same as you have with Cabot
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Good re the written confirmation, keep that safe, is it actually settled or was that an agreed figure

Agreed and settled figure and all legal correspondence kept from this by both the solicitor and myself confirming end to personal guarantee and end of agreement. Debt settled

Re the late charges, I meant on loans or credit card charges, bank account charges are more difficult to use as leverage.

As with the currrent acc, loans/ccs will have late fees, charges and the likes on them. None of the companies in relation to this have been in contact of recent. Should I endevor to make contact or wait until they update me with a letter.

Thinks
          P

Comment

Sister company my arse :rofl:

Up to you, yes they have been asked to collect by Cabot but they are completely separate companies. You can negotiate with them legitimately, I would still ask Marlins too for Notice of Assignment though and a breakdown of the debt, same as you have with Cabot

Just had 10 min phone call with Marlin. They tried to lie at first and say they had the debt. They kept refusing to comment that they owned it when I asked the question "who owns this debt??" They stated they managed and had debt. After 10 mins of going around in circles and me stating calls are recorded as per their message and notifying them of being unethical in their verbal response, the girl admitted that Cabot bought debt from BoS and they were asked to chase it from Cabot. Also got her to verbal say that Cabot own the debt. Informed her I will deal directly with Cabot.

Was this the correct play?

P

Comment

Certainly was, well done for sticking with it, just as I suspected lol. Ignore Marlins now, just complicates things for you, deal direct with Cabot as intended.

Comment

Spoke to Cabot they are refusing to deal with the call and debt and said I must go back to Marlin....had cheek to state that would be the case even if I was calling to pay in full. mmmmmm

So what do you think I should do next? Go back to Marlin or email a covering letter, offer and I&E to Cabot?

P

Comment

Your call really. Put it all in writing to them both, see what comes back

Comment

UPDATE

Created a nice formal email with following cover letters, docs and request:
                    • F&F Settlement Offer - written 25% offer.
                    • Background to debt
                    • I&E sheets
                    • Copy of the Notice of Assignment
                    • Request for a breakdown of the debt, including all interests, charges and fees added.

Sent to both Cabot and Marlin. Hopefully this keeps them busy. I fully expect their response to be a NO at 25% offer, but it serves as a buying of time to allow me to speak with family member of increasing this slightly if necessary.

P

Comment

It also keeps the negotiations going and keeps it out of court

Comment

UPDATE

As of yet Cabot / Marlin have failed to send out the following requested items:

Copy of the Notice of Assignment
                        Request for a breakdown of the debt, including all interests, charges and fees added.

Comment

UPDATE Part 2

They have not sent these items after several requests.

Where do I go from here??

They sent a letter today (22/12) saying they will recommend legal action via the courts and solicitors.

I also had a 27.5% F&F offer rejected.

Another chaser (1st Credit) for a debt on another Bank of Scotland current acc of £4k (same value as this one) have recently negotiated and willing to settle at £1300.

Do I say this to Marlin / Cabot?

Any help welcomed

P

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X