• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / Marlin Decree - Getting Really Worried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot / Marlin Decree - Getting Really Worried

Does a Notice of Change differ from a Notice of Assignment?

Comment

Re: Marlin threatening decree for cabot

Not sure to be honest, do you have a copy to post up?
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Also, that I&E you PM'd me, I haven't looked at it fully yet, will do so when I get a free 1/2 hr to concentrate on it better.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Here are the two letters.

Thanks Tools
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I would still call Cabot and try to reach agreement with them instead of Marlins, cut out the middle man (and commission earner)

Comment

Right, had a brief look at your I&E

Your priority debts, mortgage, council tax etc, are they up to date with no arrears?

Also what is the entry Top Branch Life ?

Comment

Thanks Tools

I will call them the now and update you asap.

Quick question about charges and figure owed, how do I challenge this with them or request proof of it?

Thanks

P

Comment

Your priority debts, mortgage, council tax etc, are they up to date with no arrears?

Yes no arrears in any. Never allowed this to happen. Just could not afford the rest of the repayments for those creditors on the I&E.

Also what is the entry Top Branch Life

This was a personal guarantee for a failed business that settled, they threatened court action for a charge and accepted that figure as full/final settlement.

Hopes this helps.

Comment

You can ask them for a breakdown of the debt and Notice of Assignment they received (or should have) from BoS, but you would need to have this in writing.

Comment

Also, as a way to negotiate lower amounts on your other debts (loans/credit cards). Did you have any PPI policies, late charges or anything you could use against the outstanding amounts

Comment

Originally posted by platinum View Post

Yes no arrears in any. Never allowed this to happen. Just could not afford the rest of the repayments for those creditors on the I&E.

Also what is the entry Top Branch Life

This was a personal guarantee for a failed business that settled, they threatened court action for a charge and accepted that figure as full/final settlement.

Hopes this helps.
                          That is good to hear and well done for keeping on top of those, they are the most important.

So Top Branch Life have agreed to settle Personal Guarantee full and final at the figure you have mentioned? If so do you have this in writing, quite important as you do not want that one to come back and bite you on the bum later on.

Comment

UPDATE

Cabot don't know who holds the debt, they think it has moved to Marlin, they suggest I contact Marlin. Unsure why older letters from them have arrived after Marlin letters.

Default refers to old default on account and Cabot just notify credit file that they now own the debt and default.....ensure me that it is not a second default. Will d/l credit report later to view this.

Cabot bout the debt value of £4027.19, they will request a breakdown to be sent out to allow me to challenge any charges or interest.

Will call Marlin again and arrange to send the I&E with a F&F settlement offer.....any thoughts on % of debt to set this at to test the water??? I have verbally offered 25% on Tuesday which was rejected.

P

Comment

Commented in red
                              Originally posted by platinum View Post
                              UPDATE

Cabot don't know who holds the debt, they think it has moved to Marlin, they suggest I contact Marlin. Unsure why older letters from them have arrived after Marlin letters. This needs to be clarified, if you are to offer settlement it needs to be with the firm who actually owns the debt.

Default refers to old default on account and Cabot just notify credit file that they now own the debt and default.....ensure me that it is not a second default. Will d/l credit report later to view this.

Cabot bout the debt value of £4027.19, they will request a breakdown to be sent out to allow me to challenge any charges or interest. Good

Will call Marlin again and arrange to send the I&E with a F&F settlement offer.....any thoughts on % of debt to set this at to test the water??? I have verbally offered 25% on Tuesday which was rejected. Wait until you know who now owns the debt or contact them to withold any court action until it has been clarified, ask them for Notice of Allocation

P

Comment

So Top Branch Life have agreed to settle Personal Guarantee full and final at the figure you have mentioned? If so do you have this in writing, quite important as you do not want that one to come back and bite you on the bum later on.

Yeah have it as F&F and confirmed to both my solicitor in 2011/12 and myself in writing.

Did you have any PPI policies, late charges or anything you could use against the outstanding amounts

I never ever took out PPI but have a host of late charges on the BoS accounts....I looked into claiming these back but was informed since it defaulted and was in arrears it could not be claimed.

Thanks

P

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X