• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Hi,

Not sure where to post this?

I was recently refused a new bank account and started looking online to see why. It would seem that although I have been paying my mortgage every month, because the date of the loan started on the 14th and I chose when asked that I wanted to pay on the 1st every month, I have been marked as orange and late payment in arrears every month on my credit rating.

Surely in theory I was only late once, if ever, not every month for the last year since it started? I could have easily paid an extra month if I had known but the mortgage co never requested the extra payment or anything no letters that I am apparently in arrears either.

I don't know how to challenge this as it seems unfair so any help is great please.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi everyone

Who is your mortgage company ? ( as this is a known issue with a couple lenders)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for replying, it is Bank of Scotland, who are the ones that it is known about?

Comment

SubPrime lenders like Swift /Blemain , so no not BoS.

Have you spoken to the lender about this since seeing your credit file ?

Do they take the payments by direct debit ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nope the payments aren't by DD, shame really. And I presume they might wriggle saying that due to banking days and different month lengths some may have been received late ?

Comment

Still if you discussed with them when you should make payments and they said on the 1st, they should have informed you at that time that it would make you late each payment. I would give the lenders a call and talk with them about it and see if it can be rectified, a- historically and b - for future payment - as it is probably impacting the amount of interest being added to the account and possible late payment charges as well.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will do, thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X