• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Verbal bullying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbal bullying

Hi, I am hoping there is someone out there who can give me some advice. I started a CELTA course on 23 September 2014 and after the 2nd Input session the tutor asked me to help him out by being a tester for NLP. He asked me three questions and then said he would need to approach someone else as I was not giving the necessary NLP signals he required. He then asked 2 other people and they used eye movements which were applicable to his requirements. I asked why I was not useful in this test and he replied that my eye movements were symptomatic of a Psychopath as I did not use normal eye movements when answering the questions. Later on he wrote a paragraph up on the whiteboard and asked me to read it out loud. When I did he said that my English (after years of Speech and Drama lessons) was unrepresentative of the English spoken today, and I would need to teach the students a form of 'street language' according to a book that one of the Tutors in the school had written. I was so embarrassed and upset, especially as we had been taught never to criticise students in front of a class, as it would impair their progress and make them frightened to speak up again. I thought schools had a duty of care to students and trainees to ensure that they were not in surroundings which undermined or intimidated them. I paid £890 for this course and decided I could not return after 4 lessons as I felt I had been singled out by my tutor. When I left the classroom that evening one of the trainees called out 'goodbye Posh Psycho' to my embarrassment. The head of the school apologised on the tutor's behalf and so did he, but I had already felt stigmatised and do not want to return to the school. I have asked for a pro rata refund and the Head has refused it and has not replied to any more letters. Any advice who I should approach please?
    Last edited by Amethyst; 7th November 2014, 15:49:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X