• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stat barred issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat barred issues

I generally come on this site and love to read all the good work people do on here.
    but what really gets me wound up is how many DCA s are now making phantom payments in the sole purpose to render claims NOT stat barred.

ive even read cases where they have produced bits of papers in court with fabricated numbers on them and claim they are payments and won!!!!

Now to me this is total fraud and and should the fraud squad or police not be involved?
    Secondly is the FCA aware of this practice and if they are what they doing about it.

Should the courts do more to ask for proof or is this a common scam which they rightly or wrongly know company's are doing?

any thoughts anyone?
    Tags: None

Re: Stat barred issues

Yes this is really getting to me as well. If possible I think we need to work out a more reliable or workable way to combat this, and to bring this abuse to the attention of the regulators and authorities who have the power to do something about it.

It is difficult though, as even when caught out they'll often just say it was an honest paperwork mistake or similar, and they get away with it.

Comment

It's seems to me the big company's like you no who l******lls seem to think because they are getting so big they are untouchable and if they get any trouble thy just bring their barristers in. Job done.

Comment

No comment on the matter

Comment

We'll maybe a few lol
          what agencies could be contacted regarding this? Surely there has got to be someone out there who could deal with this, trading standards etc?
          just thinking out loud

Comment

As most reading this will know I started a thread about this exact same issue. We didn't really come up with any answers. I would love to and believe there is one - it is evading us all at present.

Nibbler - have any been caught out to your knowledge? How do you prove a negative? ie The payment was NOT made by you. If it's a cash payment, it's nigh on impossible.

Comment

Could be useful from SRA code of conduct.

http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/han...5/content.page

This chapter is about your duties to your client and to the court if you are exercising a right to conduct litigation or acting as an advocate. The outcomes apply to both litigation and advocacy but there are some indicative behaviours which may be relevant only when you are acting as an advocate. The outcomes in this chapter show how the Principles apply in the context of your client and the court.

Outcomes

You must achieve these outcomes:

O(5.1) you do not attempt to deceive or knowingly or recklessly mislead the court;
              O(5.2) you are not complicit in another person deceiving or misleading the court;
              And the indicators later on in that link as well.

Also there is the issue of 'fraud' as well.

Comment

Brilliant find. If they actually followed it, no criminal clearly in the wrong would ever get representation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X