• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with possible gas meter fraud

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with possible gas meter fraud

Okay, i am very worried right now. I have been living in my home for nearly 4 years, i have never oncr committed a crime to do with anything!

I am never bothered about with gas supplier i have been with it was down to my partner (ex now) to sort those things out.
    To cut a long story short the front door on my property is abismal, it lets in ridicukous amounts of cold during the winter and i was paying out so much money for gas just to keep my son ages 3 warm.
    My ex partner told me he had a way of making out gas bills smaller. I am not Exactly intelligent when it comes to matters like this so i just take his Word for it.
    I recieved a phone call today telling me that there was a possible gas leak in my home but i was unable to answer the phone. When i returned home i found that my landlord and national grid had removed the gas meter completely so i had no supply of heating or hot water. When i made many phone calls to get it sorted out, it was made aparent to me that the meter that was currently fitted was an illegal one ! I had no idea, my partner had told me that he had sorted out a monthly meter and the payment was coming out of his bank. After we split i told him to out it in my name but i got no response from him and because the supply of gas had not stopped i assumed he was still paying it for me out of the goodness of his heart, but it turns out that it was an illegal gas meter and no payments were being made for it.
    I am not sure what is going to happen and i am worried that i am going to be convicted of some sort of fraud or fined ! Either way i am terrified that something os going to happen to me when i had no idea that any of this was happening.
    Could someone give me some advice for anything , because i am a single mum and because i have never been involved in any sort of crime i have no idea if something may happen to me ???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: help with possible gas meter fraud

All replies here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...as-meter-fraud
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X