• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello Everybody

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everybody

Hello everybody,
    I have just joined and I have what ( I hope ) is a fairly simple question.
    In 2010, I sent CCA requests to a number of creditors as my finances were in a bit of a state and I wanted to obtain a clear picture of where I stood in order to make payment arrangements. Most creditors complied, some debts were written off and other creditors are currently receiving payments based on my disposable income. A small number of creditors failed to respond and the accounts are currently in collection default. One such creditor being Shop Direct.
    At the time, Fredrickson International were the DCA, acting on behalf of Pheonix Recoveries on behalf of Shop Direct and it was to them that the CCA request was sent. ( sent recorded delivery and received by them on the 4th of October 2010 ). They never responded and the account subsequently went into collection default.
    Since then, I have received correspondence from five different companies trying to collect against the account and they have all been advised of the situation in writing.
    I have now received a letter from a DCA called Rockwell, apparently acting on behalf of Arrow Global, which states that their client has not received a CCA request and that I should resubmit the request.
    My question is: should I comply with their request or does the original CCA request still stand.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Hello Everybody

If the debt has been sold then yes you should send a new CCA request. Rockwell act on behalf of Arrow, and Arrow will have bought the debt, so for the purposes of the cca, Arrow are now the creditor.

Its unlikely they'd suddenly come up with the agreement especially if it is an old shop direct account.

The CCA request would need to go to Arrow - you can tell Rockwell you have done so.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Hello Everybody

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      If the debt has been sold then yes you should send a new CCA request. Rockwell act on behalf of Arrow, and Arrow will have bought the debt, so for the purposes of the cca, Arrow are now the creditor.

Its unlikely they'd suddenly come up with the agreement especially if it is an old shop direct account.

The CCA request would need to go to Arrow - you can tell Rockwell you have done so.
      Ok, that's fine. Thank you very much for letting me know

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X