• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howdy i'm Justine..i've just been added in need of advice with loan companies xxxx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy i'm Justine..i've just been added in need of advice with loan companies xxxx

On July 7th i enquired about a short term loan online,i've never done this before so just followed the application form with the first one i googled which so happens to be Loan Wizard.I was'nt aware i'd signed up for a membership fee to be taken and would not have proceeded with the form.Anyway long story short on July 11th five different loan companies had taken their "fees" also,as Loan Wizard had obviously passed my details on.This shocked me completely..firstly because I had'nt put my details into any other systems only the one,secondly how Lloydstsb treated me,regarding there's nothing they can do even though the payments were still pending and last of all how much it has messed my finances up,i'm skint,overdrawn and still never got a loan.I've applied for refunds to all the companies,being successful with one so far but continue to wait for feedback on others.I feel pretty annoyed at my own stupidity but also at how this is legal as its basically theft.Anyone in the same situation xxx
    Tags: None

Re: Howdy i'm Justine..i've just been added in need of advice with loan companies xxx

Hi Justine and welcome.

We hear a lot of people who have unwittingly signed up to these loan memberships and been charged £67 odd then a monthly amount, but I don't think I have heard of different companies taking fees from one application on a broker site.

So you bank at Lloyds and you asked them to stop these payments and they have refused. Would you be able to list the payments that show as pending on your statement/online banking ? with the companies involved and amounts? How much has been taken in total ?

Also can you talk us through a bit what happens when you sign up to Loan Wizard. Do you then tick on boxes of loans you want to apply for ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Howdy i'm Justine..i've just been added in need of advice with loan companies xxx

well like i said it was on july 11th and i logged on to internet banking and just saw the transactions and that they were still pending so i went into my local bank and stood there explaining to stop money going out,all they suggested was to phone the fraud line,where i was told that nothing could be done and i had to contact all the companies myself and ask for refunds,so basically within a few hours my account was rinsed out and it continued to be days later by more companies,so ive had to open a new account elsewhere.Altogether £215.00 was taken and i've had one refund of £62.77 back xxx

Comment

Just read terms and conditions on their website if you can understand all that I would be surprised I think they cover themselves well would need a legal brain to interprete that .
        Like the bit where they will keep trying to take money from your account if it fails first time

Comment

Originally posted by justine34 View Post
          well like i said it was on july 11th and i logged on to internet banking and just saw the transactions and that they were still pending so i went into my local bank and stood there explaining to stop money going out,all they suggested was to phone the fraud line,where i was told that nothing could be done and i had to contact all the companies myself and ask for refunds,so basically within a few hours my account was rinsed out and it continued to be days later by more companies,so ive had to open a new account elsewhere.Altogether £215.00 was taken and i've had one refund of £62.77 back xxx
          Could you list the companies for me pls Justine.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

yes there was My Loan-Now.co.uk,which they gave me a refund minus £5 for admin fees,then LoansDirect that offered me £37.66 out of £69.75 which they originally took,Peoples Loan took £49.99 and credit cleaner took £9.99 and surprisingly Loan Wizard took 10 pence.

Comment

Kin ell I was in the wrong business. Serious though the banks must repay this money I thought that you could not pass on a third parties account details without their permission

Comment

well to be honest I didnt think that either but somehow other companies have got my details and with the bank they were f*****g useless,i have a support worker that even recommended he came with me in there a nd i had to pretend to be mentally retarded which was'nt really that difficult because I am so drained of this situation i looked pretty "special" xxx

Comment

I was more upset due to the fact the money in my account was money i'd raised for The MS Society to do a skydive in memory of my mother that passed away from the illness and it wouldve been her 65th birthday this year.I was booked to do it on July 20th but could'nt as I didnt have the balance...so all in all a pretty crap situation xxx

Comment

Originally posted by justine34 View Post
                    yes there was My Loan-Now.co.uk,which they gave me a refund minus £5 for admin fees,then LoansDirect that offered me £37.66 out of £69.75 which they originally took,Peoples Loan took £49.99 and credit cleaner took £9.99 and surprisingly Loan Wizard took 10 pence.
                    And did you enter your details on all those sites or just on Loan Wizard ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

just loan wizard xxx

Comment

Bloody hell.

There's nothing I can see in their terms that say there will be further charges or they pass on your bank details to other firms.

What did Lloyds Fraud team say ? You have done the right thing in speaking to your bank. They should be a lot more on top of this.

Okay will try have a look into how Loan Wizard works a bit more.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

the fraud team said they cant do anything to stop any money going out as i had given my consent,my argument was that i only gave it to one company and now i'm sitting here telling you not to allow the others i didnt sign up to,take my money...they gave me a phone number for default or something if i was'nt happy after id applied for refunds and not had any luck but surely there are loop holes to either stop these companies or the banks should intervene xxx

Comment

well like i said it was on july 11th and i logged on to internet banking and just saw the transactions and that they were still pending so i went into my local bank and stood there explaining to stop money going out,all they suggested was to phone the fraud line,where i was told that nothing could be done and i had to contact all the companies myself and ask for refunds,so basically within a few hours my account was rinsed out and it continued to be days later by more companies,so ive had to open a new account elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X