• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MOrning All,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOrning All,

Hello,

I am new here and wanted to say hi to everyone.

I have been through so much in my life and all the experience and knowledge I have gained over the yrs is just being wasted lying dormant in my brain, I also have a lot to learn, with laws and policies changing rapidly.

So, I hope it is okay to be here for two reasons, to be of help if I can to anyone and also to be helped if I may. I hope everyone is okay with this. thank you in advance.

Nice to meet you all.

All the best

Kim
    -x-
    Tags: None

Re: MOrning All,

Hi cheekipixi and a warm welcome to Legal Beagles, all help gratefully received and I hope you get he help you need once you have posted.
    If you need any help finding stuff just give a shout.
    Enaid x

Comment

Hi Enaid,

Thank you for the welcome x

Now you mention it I wonder if you can shed any light on this pls. I am in receipt of DLA - High Care, Low Mobility,.............Slowly i am getting worse, forgetting things, I wont leave the house unless accommpanied by my daughter, she rings me everyday, she lets me offload and she also reminds me of things. She has applied for the carers allowance, having been told that i wan't lose any money by her doing this. After she applied she recieved a letter acknowledging her form, then they stated that I will lose my severe disablement premium and it will also affect my council tax reduction, is this correct please.

Many thanks

C x

Comment

I am afraid that is correct that you lose the severe disablement premium and any means tested benefits you receive may also be reduced.

The income of the person you care for
        If you claim CA the amount of means-tested benefit paid to the person you look after can sometimes be reduced.
        For example, a person living on their own (or treated as living alone), or a person who is one of a couple who live alone and both get a qualifying disability benefit, would get the severe disability premium. (It is called the severe disability addition when paid as part of Pension Credit).
        The severe disability premium (or addition) can only be paid to someone if no-one gets CA for looking after them, so once CA is paid to their carer, the severe disability premium or addition can no longer be paid.
        If a couple qualifies for the severe disability premium/addition, they will be getting a double rate. If someone starts to receive CA for caring for one of them, they will get a single rate of the premium/addition. If another person starts to receive CA for caring for the other member of the couple, they will lose the premium/addition altogether.

Comment

This link is from Carers UK http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-adv...ancial-support it will help you determine if you are getting everything you are entitled to and also offer all sorts of help if your daughter does become your main carer.
          Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X