• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can struck out action be claimed in a second court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can struck out action be claimed in a second court action

hello can someone please advise if a claim is successfully struck out can the claimant issue new proceedings for the same debt.kind regards.
    Tags: None

Re: can struck out action be claimed in a second court action

Hi Chindit

http://civillitigationbrief.wordpres...een-dismissed/

Is this any use?

Comment

hi and thanks for your input i just struggled to understand that case. my case is a claim for debt i defended the claimant did not respond to my defence so the case is stayed.i would like to apply to have it struck out.but if they could issue fresh claim for the same debt there would be no point .kind regards chindit.

Comment

I struggle to understand that kind of thing, too, Chindit. What it seemed to me to be saying was that, although another claim could theoretically be issued, it would be that much harder for the claimant to justify it.

But I've no doubt that someone more knowledgeable will be able to give you more help

Comment

thank-you.

Comment

Originally posted by chindit View Post
            hi and thanks for your input i just struggled to understand that case. my case is a claim for debt i defended the claimant did not respond to my defence so the case is stayed.i would like to apply to have it struck out.but if they could issue fresh claim for the same debt there would be no point .kind regards chindit.
            I think there was a case here where that had actually happened - an old claim was stayed for year and the claimant issued a new claim rather than applying to lift the stay.

I have found the case in question: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...027#post429027

...in particular, this post by PT2537:
            Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
            The second claim becomes an abuse of the court process.

Its the second claim that should be struck out

Comment

hello thanks for that input it seems the debt is not ever truly over if a dca want to keep applying they can.but i guess by getting it struck out it may deter them pressing further.and go for easier pickings.kind regards for all the help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X