• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Settlement Agreement vs Employment Tribunal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement Agreement vs Employment Tribunal

Hi All,
    Hope someone can help me. I have been employed by a group of companies for the last 8.5 years in the area of recruitment and hr. The last 4 years I have been a director of one company and paid a very low basic and top up monthly with dividend payments (being paid the same amount every month). I have a number of shares in this company/ I also have an employment contract in place which gives me employee employment rights and a three month notice period. I have had a major falling out with the managing director of the group as a result of my having to take a senior member of staff in one of the other companies through a grievance procedure and I have been made a bit of a scape goat when the grievance holder was persuaded to drop the complaint. The upshot is that the MD is trying to get rid of me either through my agreeing to a settlement agreement with redundancy being threatened if I do not agree. The amount I have been offered is far less than I would get through redundancy. My real concern is that my regular dividend payments will not be taken into consideration in any settlement or redundancy situation. Can anyone advise? I have been put on paid leave until he returns from holiday so everything is up in the air. I am worried though that come the end of this month I will be paid a fifth of what I normally get as he will seek to only pay me the basic. Sorry a bit of a ramble but I am having sleepless nights about all of this......

I have recently employed an employment solicitor who says that I have a good case for unfair dismissal if it went to tribunal. However, I am worried that my MD may put the company into admin in which case I will get nothing. Should I go along the settlement agreement route and if so can I expect to get a sum inclusive of regular dividend amounts for loss of office?
    Last edited by purcy; 6th April 2014, 17:02:PM. Reason: left something off
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X