• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lancashire mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancashire mortgages

I took a loan out for a friend for 29,000 he told me it was six weeks but eight years later still not paid off he makes the payments But often late and even about six times I have been threatened with the possession then my friend makes the payment but with all the late charges interest charges solicitors fees extra etc I now owe 129,000+ all the payments we've made in eight years on top I have looked at all the paperwork and it seems to be quite dodgy alterations or to the figures etc two of the solicitors that witnessed and saw through the load has since been struck off have been told by a solicitor on the phone that because it's over seven years old there is nothing they can do my friend keeps promising to pay it off eventually that I have nothing in writing from him to prove that it's his loan so I am stuck
    Last edited by Amethyst; 29th March 2014, 12:29:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Lancashire mortgages

Okay so many issues in here Newt - welcome to LB xx

a) What did your ''friend'' want to borrow the money for ? What agreement, verbally etc, did you make with him on the basis of you taking out this loan to lend him money ?

b) Who are the solicitors that witnessed and saw through the loan ? What exactly was their role in it ?

c) B*llocks to the seven years old - what Solicitor was that ?

d) It is really not a friend that will stand by and watch you lose your house because of him/her.

Do you have copies of the loan documents at all that you could scan in, redact personal info off, and upload to have a look at ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Also, have you had statements up to date showing the application of charges interest ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just found this which someone posted for you a while ago, you must have emailed me? and I posted the brief info on the main blemain/lancashire thread.

Originally posted by suffering View Post
        If only there was a straight forward answer. This is for anyone in the early stages. You have got to start building your case, right now! if you do not have a defence and /or counter claim, they win. And believe me they rely on you being intimidated and crumbling at the first hurdle. You will have ups and downs, but stay strong. It will end up in court and you must be prepared, a judge is basically a referee. A solicitor knows how to present your case. both will have opinions, and my experience is that some will just think you signed the agreement, you borrowed the money, now suffer the consequences. However others will listen to the facts surrounding the case and not only have sympathy for your situation but want to help, however, ultimately to help you, they need a law, a rule or a process that has been broken or not followed correctly. Don't dispare, don't give up, search and educate yourself and right here is a good starting point. You will have a better understanding of your case than anyone and its important to know where to concentrate on. Lancashire Mortgage Corporation / Blemain Groupe make mistakes plenty of them, your job is to spot them. First thing to do is send a SAR to them with £10 (search for a template and make it suit.) and ask for a clear and precise account break down, this may throw some light on a area of you account that you was not aware of. Whilst you are waiting for it to come write down all the events that lead to you taking out the loan and anything since. write down as many complaints as you can think of (i got over 40 when i put my mind to it) collect factual evidence i.e any paperwork, emails etc. The court allows you to file a witness statement which although has to be truthful does not need evidence to back it up, this allows you to present your case with mitigating circumstances, work on your story add things remove things until you are happy with it. I hope this is helpful.

"When you are going through hell, keep on going "
        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...142#post389142
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X