• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi all, just introducing myself!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, just introducing myself!

Hi all, I've joined this site as I've been reading several threads that have finally made me sit down and assess my past loans, credit cards etc.
    What I've mainly come to realise is how trusting I have been of the banks and the information they have given me (or not as is the case in many dealings)
    since qualifying (as a nurse) approximately 15yrs ago I have had several loans with lloyds bank all with ppi, as I was led to believe this was part of the loan conditions, and at no point did they say it was optional, looking at the agreements now a lump sum was added to the loan for ppi so was incorporated in the monthly repayment! I have in all the time I've been working (15yrs) paid fully into the pension scheme which covers me for three times my yearly salary in event of death and have 6months full pay 6months half pay sickness benefit should I need it! I have also had loans with egg and egg card too! Regards the egg card it was originally a Boots advantage credit card, I don't ever recall being asked about ppi but have found old statements showing card payment protector added( stupid I know as obviously ppi but being 18 at the time I assumed this was an essential charge not optional etc)
    now as for the egg loan I remember taking it out online and not being able to continue with the application if I tried to un tick the ppi box!! Again I believed for that reason it was essential! Honestly now looking at this I cringe at how stupid I was but am also a little angry that the major banks who I had no reason to doubt would have sold policies that were not necessarily in my best interest etc.
    Any advice on appropriate threads etc would be so welcome! Thanks so much in advance...
    Tags: None

Re: Hi all, just introducing myself!

Hi Lenny and welcome, I suggest you post in the PPI forum http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nce-Reclaiming
    I would start a thread for each claim if it's possible then you will get the help you need and it will stop the thread getting confused.
    Enaid x

Comment

Re: Hi all, just introducing myself!

Thanks so much for that info Enaid I will do that! X

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X