• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Everyone! New member here!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone! New member here!!

So glad I discovered this site!

Another DVLA Sorn LLP attempted mugging to report! All the usual DVLA LLP nonsense stuff, and now just received response to Dispute form V991 saying

" whilst I appreciate that you thought you had fulfilled your responsibilities by correctly addressing the envelope, affixing a stamp, and placing in a royal mail post box, regrettably this is not the case. Instead, you have merely deemed to have 'sent' the letter as per section 7 of the interpretation act 1978. Furthermore you can only deem the notification 'sent' providing you can evidence that you put the correct address, inserted the relevant documents into the envelope, paid the correct postage and put the envelope into a post box. That action does not deem notification of change of keeper, and it does not constitute informing DVLA, which is what is required"

Then stating I remain liable for £80 LLP & dispute process concluded.

Long story short, Vehicle owned by my Dad registered in my name, then sent completed V5 & transferred to my Dad while on Sorn in spring 2013 by royal mail including Sorn Form V890 completed by my Dad who was with me when it was posted.

DVLA sent me LLP notice Dec 13 after old Sorn expired end October. Told DVLA I complied re interpretation act with my Dad as witness but they ignored. My Dad has finally got new V5 in his name showing correct date we originally told them after sending in a V62 & a new V890, but vehicle still showing as unlicensed on DVLA website. Informed DVLA several times I will defend in court with my Dad as witness.

Opinions and advice greatly appreciated!

Howzat.
    Tags: dvla sorn

Re: Hi Everyone! New member here!!

Oh really?

Then you can inform them they are incorrect. Its clear more and more people are using this defence, and DVLA are gamely attempting to stop it just by saying so, they are full of waffle.

http://www.roadweb.org.uk/dvla-off-r...-has-no-teeth/

The second part of that link is relevant.

Here is another link, with more details: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/03/dvla_court/

Crucially, you need to make the DVLA aware of:

James Collins v DVLA Clerkenwell District Court 2009
    Duncan Peck v DVLA Horsham Co Court 2010

I can assure you they know these cases all too well, but you need to let them know that you know.

You don't need to provide ANY evidence that you sent it, the burden of proof is on DVLA to prove you DIDN'T, which clearly they cannot do.

Stick to your guns, they are full of it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X