• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nasty Neighbour wants access to my property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Neighbour wants access to my property

Hi Everyone,

My next door neighbour spent much of the last year harassing us until the Police finally got the CPS to prosecute him. A 2 year restraining order was placed on him just before Christmas last year stating he is not to contact us directly or indirectly or come onto our property. He broke the order the day after the Court order was made and the Police were called but felt that they needed 'something more substantial' to take it back to court.. (he followed me into my local motor mechanics workshop and I had to hide). He has made two further breaches of the order because he has no respect for the law and is a control freak. Last week I received a letter from him (again a breach of the court order) telling me that 'as soon as possible' he was going to come onto my property to lift some of my block paving in my drive and do other things to his property. His house and extension wall form the boundary to my property's drive and rear garden. Part of his harassment last year was to lift some of my block paving and criminal damage to my summer house in the back garden which is built within my boundary and which can't be seen from his property.

His letter is full of derogatory comments and rants about the waste of taxpayers money taking him to Court last year and he just cannot give up his obsession with making our lives hell (another part of his harassment was following me into my place of work, spitting at me in the street and playing heavy metal at full blast into our garden for up to 7 hours a day, every day last summer) Just trying to paint a picture of the psychopathic person he is. We will never know what started it as we have no dispute with him.

To get to the point.. I do not want him putting a foot on my property or indeed anyone representing him. I do not believe he needs to renovate any part of his property from my land. He says he is going to have cavity wall insulation in his extension but he will have no access to his extension wall as my summer house is in front of it. I want to deny him access for many reasons, mainly the fear of his aggressive behaviour. Am I required to agree to his representatives coming onto my property? I have looked at the Access to Neighbouring Land Act which seems to favour neighbours who need access for work on their properties but in my case I feel it is just not justified. I can only imagine that he would do damage and not pay for it or that his request is spurious and just done to intimidate and show that a restraining order of the court means nothing to him.

Any thoughts.. so sorry this is a long ramble.. I am usually more succinct. Also how much would it cost him to go to court for access should I deny it... He told the court he had no money for anything!

Thanks for listening
    Tags: None

Re: Nasty Neighbour wants access to my property

Take the letter to the police, thats all the evidence you need for breach of the previous order which is still ineffect, it will also support your claim regarding the other breaches. Spitting at you is actually deemed assault too. His comments about the court case, just show his contempt of court and he clearly shoes contempt to your right to live in peace and to not have your property interfered with.

I also fail to see why he would need to lift your block paving up, does he say why at all?

At the same time, write back to him, reminding him he is still subject to the court order and his contacting you is a clear breach of said order for which he could face imprisonment. And that you do not consent to him or his representatives entering your property and will deem any such attempt as trespass.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Re: Nasty Neighbour wants access to my property

Cavity wall insulation is 'injected into external walls via 1m (approx) spaced drilled holes. It can also be installed internally but is not frequently done as it is more messy for the householder.
      I would not class this as essential repairs, such as leaking roof, fallen guttering, soffit/facia repair which would ordinarily necessitate access. If your summerhouse is obstructing access for cavity wall insulation, another method will need to be used by the home owner to complete these works.

Yes as Teaboy says, take the letter to the Police.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X