• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello Everybody i have a problem with my house buyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everybody i have a problem with my house buyer

Hello , I am very new to this forum so can anybody steer me in the right direction please. my problem is as follows...

we accepted an offer for our home almost 14 weeks ago. we were told by our estate agent the buyer had his deposit and mortgage in place and wasn't in any chain so was "good to go" and expect the sale to take 6 to 8 weeks. All relevant paper work and searches have been completed and we were motoring ahead. then at 9 weeks we were told our buyer was in fact in a chain and his property was being bought by a housing association . we are now 14 weeks in and are no further along with the sale. we are now in a very serious situation where we are paying 2 mortgages (this property was a rental) without an end in site. our question is are we legally allowed to put our property back on the market with a different agent as we feel our current agent has let us down badly by there lack of communication and incorrect information(lies) being given. many thanks in advance. x
    Tags: None

Re: Hello Everybody i have a problem with my house buyer

I have known many estate agents and letting agents over the years and I know simple lies can aid there work and pockets,so very eaisily and few can be found out,and as these lies make them money...Goodluck,someone here must know how you stand.

Comment

Hello, Have you exchanged contracts on your sale yet? If not, it's my belief that there is nothing to stop you informing your solicitor/conveyancer etc, that you no longer wish to proceed. No doubt you will have to pay for the legal work done so far, but you might be able to come to an arrangement if you anticipate giving him/her further work. Subject to any contract you may have with your estate agent, I see no reason why you should stay with someone you don't trust. Find another agent. If you have exchanged on your sale - which I suspect is not the case - then I believe you'll just have to stay with it. Keep your nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by Huguenot View Post
        Hello, Have you exchanged contracts on your sale yet? If not, it's my belief that there is nothing to stop you informing your solicitor/conveyancer etc, that you no longer wish to proceed. No doubt you will have to pay for the legal work done so far, but you might be able to come to an arrangement if you anticipate giving him/her further work. Subject to any contract you may have with your estate agent, I see no reason why you should stay with someone you don't trust. Find another agent. If you have exchanged on your sale - which I suspect is not the case - then I believe you'll just have to stay with it. Keep your nerve.
        This thread has had no response since Feb. 2014.!

nem

Comment

Note to Self:- Must get in the habit of checking dates of postings before trawling through
          I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X