• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi all. Gregson and Brooke problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all. Gregson and Brooke problems

Joined today after spending the last hour trying to calm my partner down and hoping for some help.

She is using gregson and brooke as a DMC and they seem to have disappeared off the grid.Telephone is not connecting and website is useless.I think they have changed name but cant find anything to help.

I have looked at them and i dont think she will get anywhere with them,she is paying them £200 a month over 4yrs,being doing so for about a year,still getting calls from people asking her to get G&B to contact them.Is it worth my while trying to get her to cancel it all and start afresh with somebody like CCCS?Getting info out of them is murder and when you do it is vague to say the least.She is worried that she will be giving the money to them every month and nothing will be sorted and will be in the same position years from now.She suffers from depression,anxiety attacks,high blood pressure and has done for years and doesnt want to go through the form filling that she has done already as she struggles to cope with it all.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Hi all.

Hi there. We have had a couple of other threads about Gregson and Brooke. I'm going to check the info before posting so hang fire.

Couple of questions firstly

How long has your partner been in the DMP ?

How much approx was her original debt ?

Have you checked her credit file recently ?

Have you had any statements / paperwork etc from them ? Original documents like the terms and conditions / agreement of payments/ list of creditors/distribution of the payments etc ?

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi,
      she has been on the DMP for about a year,original debt was about £18k(which is why i duobt this lot doing this for less than 9K)she hasnt checked her credit file as far as i know and very little paperwork apart from stating the terms at the start which she has lost and has asked for a copy but they arent very forthcoming with info about what they have or are doing.

Regards

Comment

Okay. This isn't going to be easy and we need to investigate fully, I have only had a quick look just now, I'm having a look at all the licensing and everything else, but it doesn't sound very good so far. Their website has been down since April, on and off apparently but definately 'down for maintenance' now, and their telephone number is disconnected. They are still on companies house and have filed their last years accounts and narrowly avoided a strike off.

I would advise your partner to stop making payments to the company immediately and get together any paperwork you do have.

Tomorrow I would get together a list of the debts and contact a couple of the creditors and ask if payments have been made to the accounts. Once you know the position there we can help you sort things out.

I'll try and find out what I can and come back to you.

Sharon
        xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

There are a lot of stories of the company paying £1 a month to each creditor and keeping the rest for ''legal fees'', however I don't know how substantiated they are, so I would firstly check with a couple of creditors to see what has been happening to the debts.

According to T&C's they keep the first two months payments (so £400) as a fee and then take 17.5% of every monthly payment as fees.

Here is the ex-director http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/gary-gregson/30/16b/a13 and the current director http://www.companydirectorcheck.com/andrew-roy-brooke-2

Quite a few companies listed at their address

ONE TICK LIMITED - 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, BOLTON, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY
          R.B.C. (BOLTON) LIMITED - UNIT 3,SAVILLE MILL, SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON. LANCS., BL2 1BY.
          FINANCE ADVICE BUREAU SERVICES LTD - 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY
          EXPERT MONEY SOLUTIONS LIMITED - 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY
          SPARKLE VEHICLE SOLUTIONS LIMITED - 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY
          CONSUMER CREDIT ADVISE BUREAU LTD - UNIT 8, SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY
          GABFS PAYROLL LTD - SAVILLE BUSINESS CENTRE, 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY
          DEBT MANAGEMENT PLUS LTD - 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, LANCASHIRE, BL2 1BY
          GREGSON AND BROOKE GROUP LIMITED - 8 SAVILLE STREET, BOLTON, ENGLAND, BL2 1BY

Consumer Credit Licence 0614247 Lapsed on 05/03/2013 Gregson and Brooke Ltd

MOJ registered -

Business Name:
          Gregson and Brooke Ltd
          Address:
          8 Saville St
          Town/City:
          BOLTON
          Postcode:
          BL2 1BY
          County:
          Lancashire
          Trading Names:
          Persolvo Solutions, Expert Money Solutions, Expert Money Solutions, 1 Tick
          Sector:
          Financial products/services
          Authorisation Number:
          CRM19150

They are linked in a number of places to the Entitlements Agency ( search on here) and also a CSA_UK report about Best Solutions changing addresses to po boxes. There's a LOT of stuff on the interwebby but only other's experiences and hearsay but I would think there is basically enough to say stop paying them money asap.
          Last edited by Amethyst; 27th January 2014, 20:30:PM.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

i do know that payments have been made to creditors but it is a minimum £1 apart from lloyds who get £20 as the sum owed is from a £15k loan.Havent a clue what they are doing with the rest.

hope this helps a bit and il find out more when she gets in from work.

regards

Comment

Okay, so that accounts for about £25 of the £200 each month.

Did she sign up for charges/PPI type reclaims do you know ? (they seem to do that as well) They also operate a similar model to that of First Step Finance (eg promising to get you out of debt for less than the debt in shorter time but without really stating how they do it or any risks involved - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nnect-%28UK%29 )

If she can find any paperwork that would be good.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 27th January 2014, 20:43:PM.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Phone: 0800 970 2957 Appears to work - Monday to thursday 9am - 6pm

Terms from July 2012

1. Definition of terms

‘We, us, means Gregson & Brooke Ltd.

‘You’ means the person or people whose name(s) are signing this agreement.

‘Monthly Payment’ means the agreed amount which you are able to make on a specific date every month.

‘Good will Payment’ means an amount sent to your creditors that will be no less than £1,

Disbursements – The pro-rata payments made to your creditors.

‘Fee’ means the fee that we charge under this agreement as defined in clause 6.

‘P.P.I’ This means Payment Protection Insurance

‘Financial statements’ are compiled using the courts rules on limits and costing. This is how we establish your affordability to embark on such program.

‘Disposable Income’ this is the amount remaining once we offset your priority debts, reasonable expenditure and any of our fees against your income.

‘Cleared funds’ means:-

Any funds received by us through electronic transfer from your bank (for example, standing order payment);

Any Cash, Postal Order or Banker’s Draft made payable to ourselves that we have received from you;

Any cheque received and banked by us, but only if we have not received notice from your bank that the cheque has been returned unpaid after 10 days.

2. Agreement

You have asked us and we have agreed to provide you with a Debt Resolution Plan including debt reduction and debt repayment services, together with incidental advisory and administration services, as described in these terms and Conditions.

3. What we will do

3a Once we receive your first monthly payment, we will commence your Debt Resolution Plan.

3b. We will contact your creditors to let them know about your financial circumstances and our instruction.

3c. We ask your creditors where possible to reduce and or freeze any interest charges (where appropriate) and that they suspend or withdraw any enforcement proceedings, which are related to your debts. We will also request your creditors respond to our requests in a specific time frame.

3d. We will request up to date balances along with any formal agreements from your creditors to establish your true level of debt. Until this level of debt has been established, we will make goodwill payments to your creditors.

3e. Once your level of debt has been established, we will make pro-rata payments to your creditors based on your disposable income.

3f. We will seek to reclaim any mis-sold payment protection policies you may have had.

3g. We will seek to reclaim any late payment charges or unfair fees you have had.

3h. We will negotiate directly with your creditors in an attempt to achieve a lower debt balance.

3i. We will assist you and support you with any court issues you may have.

3j. We will attempt to prevent any harassment from your creditors in respect of your debts.

3l. We will regularly review your circumstances and will consult with you if any changes are to be made.

3m. we will deal with any communication from your self or your creditors within 7 days by letter.

3h. We may contact you regarding other products and service the group of companies may offer. You also agree for us to use your information as we see fit providing it falls within in the data protection laws governed by the UK.

4. What we cannot do

4a. We can not lend you money or provide you with any credit facilities.

4b. We cannot issue payments to your creditors without having first received cleared funds from you and clear details about your creditors.

4c. We cannot give you legal advice.

4d. We cannot guarantee to stop your creditors continuing to charge interest. This may result in an increase in the total debt you have to repay.

4e. We cannot guarantee to stop your creditors sending you default notices or taking any other legal action to recover your debts.

4f. We cannot accept secured loans on the plan. You must make sure that you continue to make your normal payments in full towards any mortgage or other secured loan. We will take these payments into account when working out your expenditure and disposable income.

4g.We cannot issue ‘goodwill payments’ or reduced payment on your behalf for your normal utility bills (e.g. water, gas, electricity bills) and for Council Tax payments. You must continue to make all normal payments toward your utility bills and Council Tax payments and we will take these payments into account when working out your expenditure and disposable income.

4h. We cannot guarantee to secure any refunds from your creditors.

5. What you will do

5a. You will make monthly payments in full to us, each month. You will not pay any money to any unsecured creditor directly.

5b. You will continue making payments to us as described in the monthly payment until you have repaid all your creditors in full or the agreement is terminated.

5d.You must give us any information we ask for relating to your finances. This will include, but not limited to:-

all details of your income and expenses;
                your dependants
                your creditors and all agreements you have taken out with them;
                any mortgage or secured loans you have;
                any judgments entered against you; and any other enforcement action.

5e.You authorise us to contact your creditors on your behalf. You will also sign any necessary forms of authority or other documents so that we may carry out our obligations under this agreement.

5f. You will pass us copies of all correspondence you receive from your creditors. We ask you not correspond directly with any of your unsecured creditors and instead to inform them that we are dealing with your accounts (if applicable).

5g. You will not spend any money over and above your reasonable living expenses as detailed in your expenditure. You will not apply for any further credit from any source. You will not make any further use of any existing credit facility, including any credit or card cards.

5h. You confirm that none of the debts you have instructed us to deal with are secured against any property.

6. Our fees

6a. Our initial fee is equivalent to your first 2 months payments.

6b. Our management fee is equal to 17.5% of your monthly payments.

6c. If we are successful in reclaiming any monies for you such as PPI or late fees, a fee of 25% will be levied and deducted from your monthly payments. This service is also available on its own out with the debt management plan.

Eg.

Compensation - £1000.00

GABFS Fee – £250.00

Client Receives – £750.00

7. How you can terminate the Agreement

7a. You have a cooling off period of 14 days from the signing of the contract in which you can cenacle and receive a full refund of any fees paid.

7b. After this point you can cancel this agreement by giving us 30 days’ written notice.

8. How we may terminate this Agreement

We may cancel this agreement at any time by giving 30 days notice’ written notice if any of the following things happen:

8a. You fail to make at least three full monthly payments in any 6-month period.

8b. You fail to rectify any breaches of the client obligations within 7 days of notification from us to you.

8c. A bankruptcy petition is issued against you.

8d. You enter into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement.

8e. If the information you have given us is not correct or complete.

8f. If the information you gave at the time of acquiring any credit is considered not correct or fraudulent by any creditor.

8g. If we are affected by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.

9. The effect of terminating this Agreement

If you end this agreement under the conditions of section 7 or if we end this agreement under any of the conditions of section 8 then:

9a. Our duties and obligations under this agreement will come to an end;

Complaints Procedure

10a. If at any time you are not happy with the service that we have given you, you can use our complaints procedure to make a formal complaint. This complaints procedure does not affect any of your legal rights. If you want to know more, please ask us to send you a copy of the complaints procedure. We are fully compliant the Financial Ombudsman Service rules on the handling of complaints.

11. Other information

11a. Any information you give to us will be confidential. We will not pass this information to anyone else except for the creditors you have authorised us to deal with or their authorised agents or both.

11b. You should keep copies of all documents that you send to us because we cannot always guarantee to return any or all of these documents to you.

11c. We hold a Consumer Credit License no: 614247.

11d. We are regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claims management activities CRM19150.

11e. This agreement is governed by English law.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Hi all. Gregson and Brooke problems

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/consumers...nagement-firms
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X