• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco's Complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco's Complaint

Hi Everyone, this is my first post on the site & would appreciate any comments. I'm having an issue with Tesco's at present where the delivery driver damaged my wall when bringing my online order. I reported it straight away & was advised that Tesco's would be in touch & they would send someone to inspect the damage. I advised them of my upcomimg leave from work & said this would be an ideal time to resolve the issue which they acknowleged. I heard nothing so chased on the 28th December to be told to ring back the next day as all of the managers had gone home! I did this but was told it was the responsibility of the 'dark store' which had been emailed by them but they were not allowed to give me direct contact details. I chased & chased and chased and was always met with the same answer that this had been escalated to the store; needless to say my leave from work came & went. After finally getting hold of someone helpfulish, it was apparent they had done nothing with my complaint! I received a letter condradicting the intial advice; thet asked for photo's of the damage & said that I would need to get the quote rather than them sending an inspector. This would mean me needing to take further leave which costs me aprox £110 per day which as far as I am concerned they should cover as a) the damage was their fault b) they had ignored my complaint & c) this could have been dealt with whist I was previously already on leave. Customer services have a) refused cover my extra leave costs & b) cannot provide details of an Ombudsman or the equivalent. This has been escalated to the CEO's office & I await further comments however any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Tesco's Complaint

Originally posted by Orpsie1961 View Post
    Hi Everyone, this is my first post on the site & would appreciate any comments. I'm having an issue with Tesco's at present where the delivery driver damaged my wall when bringing my online order. I reported it straight away & was advised that Tesco's would be in touch & they would send someone to inspect the damage. I advised them of my upcomimg leave from work & said this would be an ideal time to resolve the issue which they acknowleged. I heard nothing so chased on the 28th December to be told to ring back the next day as all of the managers had gone hombut was told it was the responsibility of the 'dark store':scared::scared::scared: e! I did this which had been emailed by them but they were not allowed to give me direct contact details. I chased & chased and chased and was always met with the same answer that this had been escalated to the store; needless to say my leave from work came & went. After finally getting hold of someone helpfulish, it was apparent they had done nothing with my complaint! I received a letter condradicting the intial advice; thet asked for photo's of the damage & said that I would need to get the quote rather than them sending an inspector. This would mean me needing to take further leave which costs me aprox £110 per day which as far as I am concerned they should cover as a) the damage was their fault b) they had ignored my complaint & c) this could have been dealt with whist I was previously already on leave. Customer services have a) refused cover my extra leave costs & b) cannot provide details of an Ombudsman or the equivalent. This has been escalated to the CEO's office & I await further comments however any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
    Hi Orpsie andto Legal Beagles!

Someone with the appropriate expertise will turn up shortly to help you. In the meantime, I find the concept of "The Dark Store" rather disturbing.....

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
      In the meantime, I find the concept of "The Dark Store" rather disturbing.....
      Perhaps Tesco has gone over to the Dark Side of the Farce?

One might expect that obtaining quotes from three or more builders, then a Letter Before Action, might induce Tesco to deal with the matter sensibly.

Comment

Talk to the local press and media.
        They hate bad publicity

Comment

Thanks for the replies but does anyone know if there is an ombudsman that covers Tesco complaints. My argument is that Tesco originally said they would send someone to assess the damage which they had every opportunity to do whilst I was on leave from 30th December - 6th Jan (I advised them of this at the outset which they acknowledged). They misssed the opportunity to use this time by completely ignoring my compliant & then did a U-turn saying they would not send someone but I should arrange a quote. I would need to take time off work a) to get a quote & b) to get the work done & this costs me aprox £110 per day! If they had dealt with the matter correctly I would not be looking at effectively paying £220 for time off work to fix their error; they had the nerve to say that it is my choice to take leave.

Comment

Get some quotes from local builders to repair the damage they will take a look without you being there most will come out in the evening to you when you are at home.

you can then send them the quote and ask for payment if you are trying to at the moment get any more than the repair out of them its no wonder they are being awkward,get it repaired then pursue a claim for any out of pocket costs unless they pay along with the repair cost it is your choice to take leave as an Ex builder I can tell you that most jobs were first viewed out of normal working hours evening and weekends.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,unfortunately I need to be home when the quote/work needs to be done as it is an internal wall that is damaged. I have tried to get someone to take a look out of usual office hours but to date have been unsucessful, maybe its just the time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Orpsie1961 View Post
                Thanks for your reply,unfortunately I need to be home when the quote/work needs to be done as it is an internal wall that is damaged. I have tried to get someone to take a look out of usual office hours but to date have been unsucessful, maybe its just the time of the year.
                Yes, all the reputable builders are off skiing in Switzerland.

Comment

Regardless get 2/3 quotes/estimates for the work - I assume you also have photos - send to Tesco giving them 7 days or you will commence the work & bill them. If they then refuse to pay then a LBA followed by a County Court Claim may focus their minds. If you are put to having to take unpaid leave to do this then add it to the bill.

Comment

Follow the advice given by Plodderton and others.

Involving your own insurance company might be inadvisable (there are arguments for and against), as they might cut a deal with Tesco that leaves you out of pocket.

Comment

What exactly is the damage? You say it's to an internal wall as he was bringing in your order. Is the damage structural or decorative?

Comment

The damage is more decorative, there is a dent in an internal wall that needs filling & painting. They have only asked for one quote and I now have one arranged for Saturday afternoon. It still doesn't change my view on their service & even if the repair is done and paid for I have genuine service issue hence needing a point of escalation.

Comment

Tesco's suffer from big company mentality meaning one complaint from x number of million customers means nothing and if you decide to shop elsewhere they would never notice. Any emails sent to their CEO will probably be delegated to a team of folks quite adept at being fawning. They only understnd one thing - hard cash.

Comment

Tweeted xxx
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I finally received a response from the CEO's office (for what its worth) 4 days after my original email! You'd think if it gets that far they would answer a bit quicker than that! Needless I have finally managed to get a quote arranged for tomorrow; mmmmmmmmmm lets see how long it takes Tesco to act of that. I've again asked for a copy of their complaints process & details of the ombudsman (or equivalent) which as yet have not been forthcoming.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X