• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failure to Notify Change of keeperIn 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to Notify Change of keeperIn 2006

In 2004 I was obliged to use my old Porsche 928 as added security against a very large bridging loan being obtained by a company, of which I was a director, to tie it over whilst a new Development Loan was put in place.

The Merchant Bank the company finally got into bed with in 2005, was taken over by the Icelandic Bank in 2006 who, in their wisdom, decided to ditch the development (loosing £2m in the process!) and the company was no longer able to meet the payments of the first 2004 loan.

My life partner subsequently paid off the loan by mortgaging her property in 2007 but in the meantime my Porsche was seized by the 2004 loan company. As it was the car was in a bad mechanical way and it was my understanding that it was towed to a scrap yard. In other words it was seized purely through menevolence!

To be honest I cannot remember whether I notified the DVLA of the circumstances at the time or not. Life was one long haul through 'hell' at the time and continued in a similar vein until 2 years ago when I finally struggled free from the banks.

I have today received a summons to attend court next month 19th Nov 2013 having apparently 'failed to notify change of keeper.' It seems that In March this year '2013' someone applied to register my car some 6+ years after I thought it had been scrapped.

Having lost everything through the Icelandic Banking crisis and being now a pensioner living on £100+ per week, I am somewhat fearful of a £1000 fine and incensed by the DVLA’s actions 6+ years after the event.

Why for instance have they not chased me each year for not paying the Road Tax? And does the 6 year rule not apply? And finally was the legislation regarding notification the same back in 2006/2007?

Is there any other defence I can proffer to defend myself against the DVLA's money-grabbing action?

Your kind advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

CJ
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X