• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone

Hello everyone,

I have never been on a site like this before but I need some help as I'm confused and really unsure what to do.

I received an Order to Attend Court for Questioning this morning after answering the door to a gentlema who then proceeded to tell me that I have to attend court on 31/07/2013 or i will go to prison!! I was immediately confused and terrified as i was holding my 20 month old son in my arms and have never heard of one of these orders before.

After reading the order it turns out that the judgement creditor is my ex sister in law! In 2010 myself and my sons moved to Andover to get a fresh start for ourselves. my ex sister in law lived there and we had been close and used to stay with her on family visits. as i was going through a tough time she helped me to find a property through a rental agency. I had to pay search fees and a deposit and one months rent before i could move in and it came to just over £1800. my sis in law offered to make the. payment on her credit card which i was extremely grateful for and began paying her back once we were settled. i paid her between £800 and £1000 which was all cash in her hand. it was an oral agreement that was made between ourselves. she then started saying that i also had to start paying the interesr on her card because of the payment. i asked to see her statements and also asked if i could set something up in regard to the payments but nothing came of it. after 2 years i moved back to my home town as my sis in law had fallen out with me over the money issue and to be closer to my family. i had contact with her since moving back and also made some more payments to her through bank transfers but she still demanded i pay interest. as i said no to paying the interest she has since been in touch with my parents via telephone and letters despite having my address and also contacting me via a social website. she even sent a letter to my parents about the situation with another letter inside in a seperate envelope addressed to myself with my home address on!

The order i have received states that a judgement or order was given on 6th february by the northampton county court ordering me to pay her the amount of £2,598.88 i have never received any previous orders and was not aware this was her intention. it also states i now need to attend court on the date i previously mentioned and if i dont i will be held in contempt. it also says i have pay £2,748.88!

Im upset by this and dont know what to do. my local cab wasnt open today either.

can anyone please advise me on what i should do?? any help at all would be grately appreciated.

many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: hello everyone

​Hi + to LegalBeagles..Someone will pop along and help you sort this out so please stop worrying,,grab a cup of tea and wait for the troops

Comment

Re: hello everyone

BUMP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X