• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Walking in...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SurlyBonds View Post
    Thanks chap, the original knocked me sideways too when I first read it, as it summed up perfectly the experience when I first flew in a light aircraft above the cloudbase in total solitude.

Good to see some familiar faces on here, expecially the ones who don't mind a bit of jocularity along the way.

Since joining here, this just sums it up with this nonsense emailed to me:
    "please note that anything you have submitted to the *** forum remains the copyright of the forum owners and cannot be used on other websites without the permission of the *** forum owners"

Response:
    "Yeah, right!!!... bring it on big man... Like I'm f**king scared....NOT!!!
    I've now passed my law degree and I'm backed up by a relative who's a noted member QC of the Temple, so please go play sulky-child with someone who might crumple under your threats, as you are now corresponding with someone who doesn't give a shiny-red baboon's a**e what the f**k you think. Besides, I suggest that you go check out Section 1(10) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 concerning authorship of ANY works and reuse thereof, and also turn a few more pages and read all of section 78 whilst you have the said tome in your sweaty little hands."

Quite calm for me, I thought and, (obviously) no response since.

Next, I'll probably be threatened for reusing my old avatar despite the fact that I created it (and have the original source file) and it was uploaded from MY computer.

It would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid an attempt to play playground pokey-tongue antics along the lines of "you're not my best friend any more".... [rasp]

'Pathetic' doesn't even begin to describe it.

Love your response!!!!
    Hi and a warm welcome from me too!!
    All the best
    x

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Morning Surly

[/I]I made an error once on something that was sent out to a lot of forum members on behalf of the forum...when I asked what would happen if we were sued because of it, I was told that it was my work and they did not have any responsibility over it - although they would help me if I was sued - quite charming and obviously they just amend to suit themselves. They can't have it both ways can they.

It is quite pathetic.
      You are ABSOLUTELY correct - as the originating author, you do not (under the protection of that Act) forfeit your copyright unless you give a signed (as in hardcopy with real signature and witnessed) deed to that specific effect. Anything you create or submit to any webiste anywhere in the World remains your authorship and therefore your copyright. Even if they edit any entry, under Section 1(10) they cannot claim sole copyright on anything deemed to be joint-authorship and you are free to re-publish in any format you wish. You don't even need to acknowledge the site to which you originally submitted it.

Not only are they talking complete bo**ocks, but they forget they are dealing (in my case) with someone who's uncle is an expert QC in these sort of matters - he nearly spilt his tea laughing when I read him the email.

They are simply trying to have the last say... and, frankly, it just highlights how pathetic they are.

It also shows a complete level of hypocrisy as my login still works (for now!) as they seem keen to keep my advice on CRAs and defaults as they know it is useful information.

Like I've said in other threads, I'm not even the slightest bit impressed with where these idiots think they are in the pecking order... they have consistently misused their Mod power for personal grudges and the 'jealousy' factor and obviously their lives revolve solely around their self-inflated perception of being something in Cyberspace. To par-quote a line in "Top Gun" "Their egos are writing cheques their bodies can't cash".

Meanwhile, I will contribute what I can, but I have a business to run, a family to look after (and spend time with), and my hobbies and interests await...my life does not revolve around a website which seems to be their sole universe.

They're quite sad really...especially when they play amateur lawyers but don't have the intelligence or knowledge to back up their vitriolic and threatening twaddle.

You carry on, you can repost anything you've written before and that is THE Law, not THEIR Law... there's a clear difference, unless I'm mistaken and the site founders have since been elevated to the judiciary and have passed High Court precedents to that effect... and maybe I must have missed that little announcement in the Times... and maybe
      Last edited by SurlyBonds; 26th May 2007, 11:20:AM. Reason: typo
      Copy of Law book from Amazon..£19.95, Refund Request stamp..32p, LBA stamp..also 32p, Court fees..£750.00,
      The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: My views are based on a post-grad law degree and a relative who's a QC and supports the aims of those who wish to address imbalances in Law. But, I accept no liability for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any of my advice - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured solicitor.

Comment

Oh... now it seems that I am defaming certain sites through my comments made on this website and on the PCF.

Response = "I think you'll find that I have not actually mentioned any particular sites in respect of my own dissing in the past. I can only presume that your complaint message is a symptom of your own association of guilt to problems that I had several months ago with certain websites.
        There are a number of consumer action sites on the Internet, and none of those owners have complained to me. It is therefore obvious that you have, by your own actions, confirmed my original suspicions. In the meantime, you will kindly refrain from communiating with me unless you have anything positive to correspond, or I shall deem any further emails as harrassment and an intention to cause unnecessary and unwarranted distress or, in other words, will you please now be so kind as to f**k off out of my affairs. Thank you."

a**holes!!!!

SB----> <---a**hole Mod from laa-laa land website
        Copy of Law book from Amazon..£19.95, Refund Request stamp..32p, LBA stamp..also 32p, Court fees..£750.00,
        The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: My views are based on a post-grad law degree and a relative who's a QC and supports the aims of those who wish to address imbalances in Law. But, I accept no liability for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any of my advice - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured solicitor.

Comment

You are clearly being sorely missed, Surly, but those who miss you cannot bring themselves to express it courteously. Instead, they are burning whatever bridges you chose to leave open.

And we trusted these people with teaching us strategy !!!

Comment

God you're good!

Wxxxx

Whatever anyone posts is THEIRS to do with what they want, that's how I view it (in very layman's terms:o) but linking back to other people's posts is a different matter isn't it? You could pull all your threads from *ahem* couldn't you? but I suppose ATEOTD you are still helping people there with the inspiring posts that you made so that wouldn't be good would it. I'm just so glad that you are still about SB, we were all wondering (me DG and the gang) what you were up to a while back. I know that I was like a lost sheep for a while but found my way by reading reading and reading all your work over and over and when the it finally sinks in it's an amazing feeling to understand what initially I thought was impossible to take in! Thank you
            I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it... (cameron) Ferris Beuller's day off....

Comment

Oh and by the way.....mine a large glass of shiraz!

Wxxx
              I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it... (cameron) Ferris Beuller's day off....

Comment

Shoulda called this site the Rose and Crown:rolleyes:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X