• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mizdizzy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mizdizzy

hi all, I'm new to this service and need help dealing with equita debt collectors. they appear to be charging way to much regarding fees and levy costs, are these legal?
    I was dealing with one collector who turned up at my home and posted a hand delivered letter saying he would be back next week to take my neighbours van which was parked in my drive. I phoned him straight away and explained the situation. He replied I had to settle the balance in full 592.71 plus fees within 24 hours or they would seize the van. I explained i was a single parent with 4 dependents and receiving income support. he said that was not his problem the bill had to be settled. I told him i wouldn't be allowing him access and so there was no point returning. eventually his company agreed to monthly payments of £21pm. All went well until a new bill was realised and referred to them straight away! this doubled the fee i had to pay and i struggled to make payments and missed 2. The guy said if i payoff the first debt asap then he would set a reasonable recovery of the new bill. i had a temp job for 6 weeks and paid it off. but his idea of reasonable was 150pm as i was unemployed by this time i said i didn't think i would be able to do it, he said i had till december! however last month a different guy posted a letter saying it was my final notice to pay off in full or they would return with a van to seize goods. I demanded a letter and have received this - first bill £592.71 - Statutory vista fees £42.50, levy fees £43.00 attendance fee 141.00 card charges £10.00 Total 829.21
    second bill £565.24, statutory visit fees £42.50 and card charges £2.50 Total £610.24 are they allowed to charge all of that????

sorry for the length but thought it better to put in all details

with regards
    mizdizzy
    Tags: None

Re: mizdizzy

Hiya mizdizzy and to LegalBeagles.Someone will pop in to help you as soon as they spot your thread .

Comment

:bump:

Comment

what company are you dealing with?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X