• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Job Centre Plus & CC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Centre Plus & CC)

Hi Each

Had an odd request from my neighbour that she has received a letter for a home vist for JC+ via a customer compliance officer.

Would this just be to satisfy a recent claim ? I have stated that as it is not being held under caution it is probably just to as I say to assess a recent claim, but thought I would check

Andy G

Tags: None

Re: Job Centre Plus & CC)

What allowance/benefit are they claiming, please?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

this is prob just a compliance check for quality of service

the job centre, like any other company is just making sure things are as they should be

a snap shot of claimants so to speak, name drawn out of a hat

Comment

Having had a family member, other relatives and friends who have worked or still work for the DWP and its previous incarnations, the main reasons for these visits are, as Miliitant says, to conduct quality of service checks and the other reason is to see if a claimant is receiving the correct amount in allowance/benefit. You would be surprised how many claimants do themselves a disservice by understating their circumstances, often in the belief that if they claim what they are fully entitled to claim, their claim will be rejected. There are, of course, other claimants who understate their circumstances for other reasons.

From the OP's post, it sounds like the DWP want to check both sides have gone through the claim procedure correctly and the claimant is receiving the correct amount of allowance/benefit.

Comment

Hi bluebottle

she is on contribution based ESA until 21 nov 2012, filled in all relevant forms as it ceases on the said date, and she informed the BA that she had now taken in a temporary non paying lodger, her ex of all people, who sleeps on a camp bed/ sofa settee and other than the odd meal in the house they are individually responsible for food and transport.

The dwp have said although ESA will cease she may still be able to carry on claiming her benefit ? Her lodger is in full time work and my neighbour has no claims for housing or council tax with dwp .

i am at a loss on these sort of issues any further info you require to help this matter will be sent by return.

thank you,

Andy G.

Comment

I take it that on 21 November 2012, she will have been on Contribution-based ESA for 12 months, which is the maximum period. After that, you usually go onto Income-based ESA. It will depend on whether she is in the Support Group or the Work-Related Activity Group (WRAG). Some Jobcentre Plus staff have been discovered putting claimants straight onto JSA, in many cases, inappropriately or deliberately, and this has caused problems and resulted in the DWP being taken to Appeals Tribunals and losing. It is also coming to the attention of MPs who are asking questions in the House of Commons, much to the Coalition Government's displeasure. That's what happens when you try to demonise those who can least fight back. The Tories did this to single-parent families the last time they were in government and it backfired on them. I have a very strong feeling their demonisation of the long-term sick and disabled will backfire on them spectacularly and lead to them being ousted from office.

Comment

Hi, she is in WRAG ?
              I concur re the Tories........ If she goes into Jsa and , take it by this she goes back to lower benefits, how is this rectified ie, who and how does she go about appealing ?
              wrag or support group, what's the difference?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X