• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

So worried about Bristow and Sutor debt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So worried about Bristow and Sutor debt.

Hi, I've never posted on here before so please excuse me if it's in the wrong place.

I had a smallish (about £500) debt with Bristow and Sutor for council tax and about three months ago a bailiff came round and I stupidly sighed a walking possession order on my car as I didn't know I didn't have to sign anything at the time! I didn't let him in my house and made him do all the paper work outside in his car. I have been paying them £100 a month and yesterday I called to see if they would perhaps lower the payment this month as my OH didn't work at all last moth and only gets paid on commission. The man I spoke to said they have just had another case come over for us from the council for £2000! He said he wanted over £400 a month as the debt has to be cleared in 6 months before the end of the financial year and that I could no longer just pay £100 as both the debts have now been put into one. Can they do this? I'm in complete panic as I need the car as we live miles from anywhere and I have to use it to take my three young children to school which is a 10 mile round trip. He said the car has put onto the new debt, but surly as I signed the paper work the first time is was for £400 they can't just add another £2000 on and take it can they?

Can I just keep paying the £100 until it had been paid off then come to another agreement? The man I spoke to was very rude and insisted they could do what they wanted now they have my car on a walking possession order.

Any advise would be mush appreciated as I'm worried sick about this.
    Tags: None

Re: So worried about Bristow and Sutor debt.

May I suggest you put this in the Bailiff Forum where it is easier to reply. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...newthread&f=76

Also have you looked at this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X