• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Caz from Manchester here! Debts unlimited but TV Licensing most pressing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Caz from Manchester here! Debts unlimited but TV Licensing most pressing.

Hi all.

Well this looks a nice, organised site.:tinysmile_grin_t:

I found it by accident whilst looking for advice about my TV Licence problem. I have had my head in the sand regarding debts for the last year or so. This afternoon a man banged on the door (I pretended I wasn't in) and he shouted through the letterbox that he was from TV Licensing and that if I didn't deal with him here and now he would go and get a warrant.

I have never been to court because of this matter or been fined - it is a matter of me being late paying it.

I'm not bothered about me - but I have a son and a dog and what I want to know is - how long would it take to get a warrant and will I be put in a cell?

Sorry for being so pathetic but I am desperate and I would be very grateful of any advice at all.

I have contacted the CAB by phone as we only have a part-time CAB in the area 3 miles away.

Thankyou for taking the time to read

Yours sincerely

Caz
    Tags: None

Re: Hi Caz from Manchester here! Debts unlimited but TV Licensing most pressing.

Hi and welcome to the site we have a few members from Manchester and surrounding areas so you should feel at home.

How old is the debt ?

Comment

Re: Hi Caz from Manchester here! Debts unlimited but TV Licensing most pressing.

Basically it is about 12 months since my last licence expired. As I say, I haven't received any letter asking me to attend court or anything - just the regular letters requesting that I pay for my new licence.

Comment

Phone the licence people, explain your circumstances and ask for time to pay, I pay ours monthly, I think its about £12.75, then when its sorted and the guy calls again you can tell him to go forth and multiply.

You say you have other debts, ok, no problem nothing is unsurmountable, basically all it takes is preparing an income and expenditure sheet and writing to your creditors, obviously you don't want to disclose figures here, so if you want, send me the details via PM and will help from there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X