• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desparate newbie - Mortgage Repossion and Employment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desparate newbie - Mortgage Repossion and Employment

Hi everyone..... Im a little lost and not sure at all what to do!

Our mortgage is in my husbands name and due to unemployment we haven't been able to pay the mortgage really since November 2011. I managed to get a full time job in the beginning of the year. The mortgage is with Santander and my husband offered £250 per month instead of the contractual payments of £650 per month. We made a couple of payments however Santander continued to chase for the money and when he told them £250 was all we could afford their response was "continue to pay but it wont do you any good" (nice!).

My husband has a history of depression and didn't continue with the payments. I've just come to learn how desperate things have got!

I've spoken to Santanders solicitors to see what can be done. Last week I suggested switching to an interest only mortgage short term until my husband is working.

We've got an application in for tax credits which we are waiting a response to. Also, a family member maybe in a position to help us pay a large portion of the arrears if Santander can come to an agreement for an affordable monthly payment. I'm still waiting for their response to this - having chased them apparently it takes a number of weeks for Santander to reply.

A court date as been set for his Friday 27th July. Im pleased my husband has an interview on Wednesday 25th July so fingers crossed!!!!

I've got to prepare a DEFENCE - and don't know what to put?? I need to put something were we can have more time to pay and more affordable payment plan.

I know I've got to put some sort of defence down that will put my husband in the best possible 'light'.

Any advice on what to do would be so appreciated. x
    Tags: None

Re: Desparate newbie - Mortgage Repossion and Employment

Hi and welcome, Don. I see you have found the relevant forum for this question and posted in there now, so it's best to continue this thread here, to avoid duplication and/or confusion:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...dvise-amp-help!

However, any further welcome messages would be nice to see here !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X