• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hey everyone
    I just joined today so I thought I would say hello and say that it is very nice to meet you all

I'm hoping you can give me some advice, I started work on 02/04/12, signed a contract for 7 hours per week even though i was told in the interview that i would be working 8 hours per week. I was to work Thursday's and Fridays 10am-2pm, this worked around my kids school hours. So was perfect. Told my employer that I wasn't able to work weekends due to my kids which i was told was fine. Well when i started work i was only given 6 hours, i needed 7 hours to qualify for working tax credit as my OH works 17 hours per week, plus i was contracted for 7 hours. But my employer said that he didn't have the extra hour to give me even though they were still advertising. Week and week I kept asking for my hour, but nothing, and to make matters worst, I wasn't getting paid. It was suppose to be weekly pay, but almost one month had gone by. I told my employer that I haven't been paid and was told you will be paid next week, next week came and nothing, and nothing again the following week. So i was asked to write down the days that i have worked. Which i did, and since then I've only been paid one weeks wages. I was off work ill for a few days, and I called my employer to say that I still haven't been paid all my wages, that I was only paid for one week, to which he replied "But at least you got something", I also asked for my extra hour so we could claim working tax credit and he said that unless i worked weekends he's not giving me my hour. So what do I do??
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X