• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Victory over jacobs bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory over jacobs bailiffs

Hi, just a quick note to let people know that persistence against crooked bailiffs will pay off.

I owed sums agaainst our unpaid PCN's (disputed to no avail - i had lost the car keys and couldnt remove the vehicle)

Lng story short- i wrote several letters (sent recorded of course) to jacobs challenging their charges. For example, they sought charges on all four orders/PCN's simulataneously. I asked how they incurred these expenses, and challenged them on the basis that they were completely unreasonable.

Although the matter has not truly been resolved, it would seem hat enforcing four orders at once is not permissable. The council who own the debr intervened after many requests from me, and jacobs have miraculously adjusted there charges. Perhaps the fact that the i transferred the vehicle to my partner and sent them a copy of confirmation from dvla played a part in it? Maybe

So, a 2000 debt has been reduced to around 500. I will now pay what i owe, i just wish it wasnt so difficult to insist that the bailiffs act in accordnxe with the law.

Persevere people, and stick to your guns!
    Tags: None

Re: Victory over jacobs bailiffs

Well done, and it emphasises the fact that persistence and a knowledge of the law are prerequisites for taking on and getting justice when dealing with bailiffs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X