• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

As advicsed I thought I'd just say hello.

I'm a housing officer in the North East (of England) and have registered on this site so that I'm a little better equipped to understand some of the problems and issues that customers and colleagues might face in the future.

My recent career history has been mainly focused around homelessness and housing advice, although I've been out of that particular loop for a year or two now.
    Tags: None

Re: Introduction

Hi housing bod

nice to see someone in your position actually thinking of coming on and seeing the problems we face.. i might have someone who could do with speaking to you about some housing problems.. but can i ask you, if you were moved in to a property on an emergency move (ie domestic abuse) does a housing association have a right to say you took the property "a seen".

My sister was in this position sadly, and the house they gave her has an unlevel kitchen floor, her kitchen window is actually falling out, none of her windows will open as they have all been painted shut and at 5'2 she is not in a position to free them herself. I have offered and they told me I can be charged with criminal damage if i do.

She has complained but was told it was taken "As Seen".

Her housing officer posts notes through her door (i.e pushbike in back yard, contrivinging tenancy) and screams at her as she has a stain on her carpet (please god dont let her see mine) despite my sister having fitted the carpet herself. I say this is harrasment.
    any advise for us?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X