• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie help needed please!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie help needed please!!!

Hi all,am new to this so not sure if I'm posting in the correct place,apologies if not!ill try and keep this as brief and simple as possible!

I recieved a notice of seizure letter from newlyn dated 01/12/2011 sent to my old address (I have been registered at a new address for approx 8 months now) only managed to get hold of it as was passing and decided to ask if there was any post!this was the Only letter there!it was for a contravention dated 19/3/2011 which was originally issued by harrow council!i knew about the fine but sent a stat dec as it was for £187 and I had not recieved the original letter stating the original fine,harrow council replied with an out of time form which I filled out and sent back,I then never heard anything else and tbh what with moving completely forgot!my car was sold in November and have the paperwork to prove this!i immediately rang newlyn stating they had the incorrect address but I was willing to pay the £200.14 (£187 penalty charge and £13.44 fees) they then proceeded to tell me the fine was now £607.24,I was shocked as it was not my fault it was sent to incorrect address!i paid £50 there and then and after much deliberation was told I had to pay the rest in 2 instalments!i then asked them to send me a breakdown of the fees they were charging me,which consisted of

Council debt £187.00
    First letter £11.20
    Enforcement fee £145.00
    Visit fee 1 £56.00
    Visit 2 £67.00
    Visit 3 £71.00
    Card payment £1.46
    Vat £70.33
    Total £608.99
    Paid £51.75
    Outstanding balance £557.24

I have told them I cannot afford the payments they are requesting but they would not budge on a payment plan! There have been absolutely no other letters of when they apparently visited on 3 deprecate occasions nor has the current occupier seen or spoke to any bailiff!i am wondering where I stand as I haven't been registered at this address for so long and neither has my car (sold and name transferred in November,original and only letter ever recieved from newlyn was dated December)

I apologies if I have rambled on and not made any sense just wanted to get everything down!

I would greatly appreciate any help or feedback!
    Last edited by Charlieh87; 13th March 2012, 11:06:AM. Reason: Miss spelling
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X