• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all

I would just like to say it's a pleasure to be part of this group. A very informative forum which offers a wealth of knowledge and help to people on a vast array of subjects. Well done to all involved.

Maybe this subject has previously been covered but I was wondering if anyone could offer an opinion on this scenario concerning CCA's and DCA's accessing your credit file?

Like many people I have had the threatening DCA letters concerning stature barred debts all of which I've ignored and filed. After reading some horror stories of DCA's doing searches on peoples credit files this prompted me into getting a copy of my own file. Sure enough numerous unrecorded enquiries have been made. However, the issue I would very much like clarity on is what if a DCA did a hard search rather than an unrecorded search on my file? It is my understanding that actual credit searches can only be done with my permission, which I would have agreed to when signing the original credit agreement. So my questions are-

1) Unless a true copy of the original signed credit agreement can be produced by the DCA do they have the right to conduct such searches?

2) If the DCA has been assigned the debt does the assignment allow the DCA the same priveliges as the original creditor -ie. to search my credit file?

3) If the DCA is only acting on behalf of the original creditor does this give them the right to search my file?

Surely without a copy of the original agreement the terms and conditions concerning the above are also in dispute?

I've also read of people having 'old debt' and 'trace search' being recorded on their files. Could someone please explain the implications and potential damage this type of search can do?

Again, surely in the absence of an original copy of an agreement, any agreement to ANYBODY searching my credit file is without proof? Especially when the debt in question is stature barred and doesn't appear on my file?

All opinions greatly appreciated as it would be extremely useful to understand the position concerning this should an unrecorded search turn into a hard search in the future!
    Last edited by Sunflower; 22nd February 2012, 16:32:PM. Reason: Wrong title
    Tags: None

Re: Hi to all

As it's my understanding, once you have given a company permission to search your credit file they will do a credit search mainly only once at the time of applying for credit, then if need be they do unrecorded enquires or id checks to the credit agencys. Any other type of search other then a credit check search would not be seen by anyone else but you as far as i'm aware. As far as i'm concerned they should only do a Credit Check if you have applyed for credit but it's not an ideal world, i'm unsure either if this is allowed or not, hang on in someone will answer soon as , Peace
    Human Augmentation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X