• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spoilyouxxx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoilyouxxx

Hello! I am awaiting hearing about my Income Support Appeal and now Council Tax have sent me a big bill! My partner and I are self-employed working from home and make a loss, so I have no clue why they think we can afford Council Tax? They are ignoring our Premises Costs and also the interest we have to pay on finance to keep the house running. So they are ignoring legitimate expenses of £14,000 a year!
    Any help gratefully received. Thank you.

I am also trying to help my friend as his previous landlord took out a catalogue in his name and ran up a bill of £800, now my friend is getting threatening letters and phone calls from a Debt Collection company. the police are no help as they do not see my friend as the victim, only the catalogue company! It is my friend who is getting the stress and hassle and his credit rating will be very badly affected too.
    Surely this is fraud?

Also my friend had a parcel delivered from EBay to a previous address and the man there won't release it, Police no help here either. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by Spoilyouxxx; 17th February 2012, 14:14:PM. Reason: new tags
    Tags: None

Re: Spoilyouxxx

Hello Spoil You and welcome to Legal Beagles.

I cannot help you with the Council tax issues you have, but I can help with the issue concerning your friend's landlord running up bills in your friend's name.

Yes, you are correct in assuming your friend's previous landlord has committed fraud. The police are also correct in what they say about the catalogue company being the victim. Would you let us know which DCA is hassling your friend and I will try to help you and him/her on that point. Other LB members who are more familiar with Council Tax issues will be able to help you with those aspects.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X