• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Really worried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really worried

Hi Everyone new on here, so hope someone can help.
    A few weeks ago a work colleague asked if she could stay at my house, she was leaving her husband, being a nice person I agreed. So she changed her adrress to mine although I did ask that she put c/o of my address as I was concerned that her husband might turn up.
    Since then I've found out that she owes money to several different companies, hence 2-3 letters per day, I'm really worried as now as i've seen one that threatens court action, and I've seen one that is from meals on wheels for her Mum, which is for a lot, Despite asking none of it comes c/o of my address......She doesn't know that I have seen the leters as she does't always put them away.
    I feel sorry for her but I'm worried that this will put a black mark against my address. Or even worse!!!
    She is paying board to me, which is good for me but last month it was paid in installments. I can't afford to keep her as we both get the same wage and I have got the up keep of my house and car which is a struggle for me on my own, my child does not live at home as they are away studying, so I try to help them.
    I've found out thats she's seeing someone else so she might be moving in with them but in the meantime I'm scared that someone will turn up on the doorstep as she seems to be just ignoring the letters. Please can someone help? xx
    Tags: None

Re: Really worried

Hi Holly sorry to hear about the situation you are in ,but to put your mind at ease about your house being black listed it won`t be.It is a new law stating that companies can only so call black list people owing money in their name which will show up on their credit .

I had similar worries a few yrs ago when my son and his ex owed money and the letters were coming to my address but in their name. When I phoned the companies up to explain situation they just asked for sons address and also informed me that it would not affect me as they know unpaying customers will use other addresses.

On saying that could you not have polite word with your friend and gently explain your concerns ,who knows she will most prob understand where you are coming from and agree with you .she maybe just as worried as you are ,if she dosn`t listen at least you know you tried.good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
      Hi Holly sorry to hear about the situation you are in ,but to put your mind at ease about your house being black listed it won`t be.It is a new law stating that companies can only so call black list people owing money in their name which will show up on their credit .

I had similar worries a few yrs ago when my son and his ex owed money and the letters were coming to my address but in their name. When I phoned the companies up to explain situation they just asked for sons address and also informed me that it would not affect me as they know unpaying customers will use other addresses.

On saying that could you not have polite word with your friend and gently explain your concerns ,who knows she will most prob understand where you are coming from and agree with you .she maybe just as worried as you are ,if she dosn`t listen at least you know you tried.good luck.
      Hello

Could you provide a link to the legislation that says linked addresses cannot effect your credit score please.

Bernie

Comment

I was informed by 2 different companies that if money is owing in some one elses name but at my address it would not affect my home address or my credit (only if it is in my name) .

This information can be found on the Credit Expert site also calling them they will give all information needed .It was only last month that I actually spoke to credit expert due to some one getting mobile phones in my name 1 from orange and the other from t-mobile and they have put a fraud watch on my credit account,and advised me to get new bank accounts as the person also stole my identity .Very complicated situation I know but gladly all being sorted now .

Many people still think homes are black listed but as I mentioned earlier that is no longer the case .

Comment

the only time it will have an effect is if the two people had some form of a financial link

Comment

Thank you for your replies I feel a bit reassured now, it would be difficult to have a word with her, I tried once before when she was getting phone calls at work, but she made out that she had paid them, I think there is several companies that she owes money to and is just ignoring the letters. Thanks anyway

Comment

You needn't be concerned about your credit rating, all previous advice offered is correct.

But you do NOT want bailiffs or debt collection agencies showing up.

A bailiff would need to see proof that the goods within the home are not hers. Do not under any circumstances allow a bailiff entry to the house, otherwise things could get a little more complex to resolve.
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Galahad
                And make sure that your home stays locked up tight, as baliffs can gain peaceful entry should a door be unlocked, or an easy to reach window thats open.
                Or they can use ladders, or fly in through an open window...

Comment

Hello

Yes i believe you are ok here, i am having a problem at the moment with a linked addres appearing on my credit report, i have never heard of this address.

I would like to see the legislation, or guidline that states how this works.

If a husband and wife share a mortgage are their reports still totally independant for instance, i dont think it is so simple.

Bernie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X