• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TAX CREDITS nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAX CREDITS nightmare

hi all i am new to here so here goes ,recieved a letter yesterday about change of circumstances,i have a single claim for tax and working credits,me and my husband seperated but decided in november 2011 to give it a go again which i have to say is goin great ,unfortunatly i was so caught in affAIRS of the heart i didnt tell them my circumstances changed ,i have rang twice today but the person i need to speak to is out the office ,am i in trouble
    Tags: None

Re: TAX CREDITS nightmare

Originally posted by L-Parkes3 View Post
    hi all i am new to here so here goes ,recieved a letter yesterday about change of circumstances,i have a single claim for tax and working credits,me and my husband seperated but decided in november 2011 to give it a go again which i have to say is goin great ,unfortunatly i was so caught in affAIRS of the heart i didnt tell them my circumstances changed ,i have rang twice today but the person i need to speak to is out the office ,am i in trouble
    Im sure you dont need to worry as long as you tell them now. Try phoning again but also write a short letter. The worst is that u might have to pay a little back but your changed happened very recently so it couldnt be much.

great news about the two of you and long may it continue!!!!!

QCK

Comment

Hiya and well done on getting back on track with your partner. First off don't panic its only from November last year, so what I'd do is put everything in a letter to the person you deal with and explain that what with Christmas etc etc it totally slipped your mind to inform them of the change in your circumstances, apologise most profusely and ask where you go from there.
      Also explain to them that you have called on various occassions (ok embellished a bit) but unfortunately your person you deal with was out of office, and ask if he or she can help.
      Oh and don't forget to keep copies of all correspondence, its ok making telephone calls but you need to have everything in writing, it covers you if ever something came up and you need proof or whatever.

Comment

thankyou all for putting my mind to rest,i will write a letter and post tomorrow,i am so glad i have found somewhere to discuss things openly and honestly thanks guys

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X