• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed urgently if possible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed urgently if possible

Hi every one
    I would like to wish every one a Happy Christmas and introduce myself and hope to bring some value to you all with my experiences (and victories) but first I do have a little dilemna I need to address.

Like many people I have seen on the forum I have got in to an argument with the bank,HSBC bank to be precise and wonder if any one can help?

I was recently granted an appeal in the District Court to appeal a District Judge's decision in the County Court. I was ordered to obtain a transcript of the hearing and file it by the 23rd December 2011, on reading the transcript there were several relevant points which needed addressing and I wrote a covering statement.
    I also included in this statement a request to strike out a Warrant of Execution which was issued in July of this year in error because proceedings were/are still ongoing and I have already had the bailiffs knocking on the door and had telephone calls to say it has now moved in to escalation,this has caused considerable distress in the family home.

I took the transcripts and the covering statement to the courts yesterday (21st December) to deliver by hand to avoid any postal delays only to be told that the case had been heard already and the order was in the post. I protested that the original order had given me until the 23rd December to comply but was simply told that they had progressed it as they had also received the transcripts directly from the transcriber and the judge had based his decision solely on the transcription.

The thing is I have submitted a perfectly valid and truthful skeleton argument in both appeals which was written by a solicitor and neither have been considered nor addressed (in any instance) to which I have pointed out in my covering statement.
    The judgement is based solely on some discrepancies on CPR rulings and not on the facts of the matter and as an LIP I have not been given any assistance in these matters.

I have received this morning the District Judge's decision which is refusal of permission to appeal, but by bringing the hearing date forward without my knowledge is this not flouting the CPR rules? they have not considered my side of the argument at all. No doubt anybody reading this would need more information,which I can supply of course but if there is anyone with some decent knowledge of the CPR I would appreciate it, I am new to the forum and do not know what level of help can be given but I have no doubt that as the warrant is still live I can expect the bailiffs early in the new year.
    I did however get the court secretary to accept the documents yesterday and have obtained a receipt so at least the papers are on file.

Best Regards
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed urgently if possible

As the site is quiet I will have a go at answering, but please do not take this as solid information as I try to avoid anything to do with courts and my knowledge is very limited.

Happy Christmas to you too and welcome to Legal Beagles!

As long as you have solid evidence that you were given until the 23rd to file, I would have thought you would have an argument that due process has not been followed.

To apply for a variation of judgment, you MAY need (not at all sure) to complete a N245.

Have a read of this:

Due Process | N245.co.uk |

Sorry not to be able to be more helpful.

Comment

Thanks Labman
      Any advice or information is useful. I do have solid evidence that I was given until the 23rd as that is what it said on the order. I think the court clerk was a little rattled when I insisted on filing my papers and asking for a receipt because as I pointed out to her I was still in time on the 21st.

I appreciate it is quiet on the forum as we are leading up to Christmas but I feel I have to act quick on this as there is a live warrant out which I had also asked to be setaside as that was issued whilst proceedings have been going on and never been rescinded.

I'll take a look at your link,thank you.

Best Regards

Comment

heres some extra info for complaining about the court process. In your case, i feel this will apply also, as they clearly withheld key information from you about bringing the hearing forward without informing you.

court complaints

Though it can not be used to complain about the courts decision, it may lead to the judgment being set aside due to the courts failings. Though you should still follow what Labman said and get the N245 in to apply for a variation of judgement, as a priority, based on failure of the court process in informing you the hearing had been brought forward and therefore denied you your right to attend and set out your case for the appeal to be allowed.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Phew - someone who knows what they're on about at last - thanks Teaboy!

Fortunately I guessed right, but I hate court stuff.

Comment

Labman am pleased to say that all the advice i have seen you give has always been correct mate. Just a shame we can not guarantee the court judges will agree with us all the time.

Merry Christmas mate.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X