• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons

Hello - I think this is where I introduce myself and say 'hello I am melksham'?

I have huge debt, not enough incoming for CCCS to activate repayment plan, for 2 years have dealt with all creditors using financial hardship letters and payments. All 12 creditors happy paying them £5.00 (or so I thought) then got a letter from Restons saying they were acting for John Lewis and taking me to court unless debt settled or repayments but to provide a full financial budget. I telephoned them, completed budget then received second letter stating 'Given the balance due the offer is insufficient to halt the commencement of legal proceedings'. I telephoned immediately as I informed them I was doing my utmost for 2 years to NOT have CCJs as am self employed director and this will harm the business in already difficult times. Was told need to pay £250.00 per month which is not do-able especially as CCCS recommend all creditors should be paid the same! Any suggestions on how to stop this action?
    Tags: None

Re: Restons

You could try sending an email explaining your plight to the CEO of the John Lewis Partnership, andy_street@johnlewis.co.uk

Comment

Hi Melksham and welcome to LB!

What was the debt to John Lewis for exactly a credit card, a loan or what? If regulated by the CCA, then we can bring a certain of pressure to bear onto them to accept your offer as they need to be seen to be being sympathetic to your problems.

If, by taking court action, they are potentially jeopardising your ability to earn a living then they are really shooting themselves in the foot as CCJ or not against you, if you are unemployed then your ability to repay any debt obviously decreases.

Let us know what exactly the debt is for and then we can think about the best way of tackling John Lewis.

Comment

Who are the creditors and what for? Loans, credits cards, catalogues? If you can give a bit more info it would be easier to advise.
        Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X