• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello, I'm new here...:-) If I can help..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm new here...:-) If I can help..

Hi I'm Jon, good to 'meet' everybody. To cut my (very) long story short, I used to be a fairly successful businessman, until my health started to give out a few years ago. Having been I suppose near the top, the financial fall has been hard, and continues to be a struggle. Along the way, I have studied a lot of law, and been through most kinds of civil courts, and types of hearings. Always having been a good salesman, (and having a lot of prior court experience in my previous life as an entertainment agent) I converted that asset to representation, and along the way have helped friends in all kinds of trouble, as well as my own troubles.

People say its hard to get to be able to 'speak' as a Macenzie's friend on somebodies behalf, but I have never had a problem (maybe just been lucky) upto and including High Court and Magistrates hearings. While its all awful for us, its a boring life I suppose for the judges and decision makers, and if they think you might be a 'live one' or have something interesting to say...

My 'speciality' I suppose is that there is often a last minute switch, a late trick, a rabbit out of the hat in order to buy breathing space, by getting complicated adjournments, to buy time. Its never ever over, whatever you are facing, even at 3 nil down with 5 minutes to go..As the late great Brian Clough said, it only takes a second to score a goal....

Things I hate with a passion, injustice, bullying, bailiffs, clampers, PPN rogues, unsympathetic councils, landlords and building socities.

I would say I am a bit dyslexic, so apologies for what is often dodgy grammer :-)

I'm not a lawyer, have no formal training, so any help I can offer anybody will purely be just my best guesswork based on my own experiences.

Finally, I'm sure there are lots more people on here who will know miles more than I do about most things, but if anybody ever does want an opinion, you are more than welcome to ask, and I'd love to try to help.

Jon.
    Tags: None

Re: Hello, I'm new here...:-) If I can help..

Hi Jon

A very warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

Sounds like you're going to fit in very well!

I don't know if you have any specialities in areas of law but as you can see, we cover most areas, but can always do with lots more help, especially for people facing court proceedings, usually being sued by bullying finance companies.

We look forward to getting to know you better.

Cel :beagle:
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Hello, I'm new here...:-) If I can help..

Morning Cel :-) My usual tactic is to waste a vast amount of the finance companies time. As well as all the usual SAR requests etc, As many blockers, and applications as possible. If the DJ in the case can be persuaded that the consumer is likely to to be the subject of failure of due process, then these things can often be kept going round in circles for a year or more.

Eventually (in my experience) they will get sick of appointing local agents to rep them, and with luck and skill get the finance co to withdraw the case for a direct settlement via a manageable monthly payment. Its simply a numbers game for them, and if the cost of the court proceedings exceeds a certain % of what they are trying to achieve, they can be worn down.

The longer the matter has gone on, and the more paper there is, the better. You can always find something to grumble about.

Ultimately, unless we can find something 'wrong' and get the matter thrown (I have had a few) the money will have to be paid back at some point, somehow, but the intervening months give people the chance to get themselves settled, and in a better position to be able to make small regular payments.

Whilst things are in court, thats actually the safest place for them to be on the consumers behalf, nothing untoward can happen, no door knocking, no bailiffs, and all kinds of applications can be made in retrospect, even if the initial judgement has been granted. Its never to late to jump out of the bushes and scream loudly in a bullying finance companies ear :-)

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X