• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Good Afternoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Afternoon

Folk don't appreciate the gravity of defaults until its too late. I know I didn't.

However, the biggest mistake I made was trying to avoid defaults where possible when my financial situation broke down about 5 years ago. I entered into Arrangements to Pay with some creditors instead, under the auspices of the CCCS.

What then went on my credit files were AP flags. These stay on a credit file for 6 years after the date the AP ends, so they can stay on for a long, long time and are just as damaging as defaults (which slip off after 6 years).

Lessons learned in the School of Real Life I'm afraid.

Comment

Well the original debt that they claimed went back to 1999. I was divorced and remorgated my home in 2005. There were no flags or defaults and none in 2009.

I don't know if you read the letter that I posted up from the DCA, but there are so many holes in it that it should be called a teabag!

Comment

indeed, there are many meanings for the epiphet 'teabag' and I'm sure all of them apply to DCAs

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
          [ATTACH]5082[/ATTACH]
          Caspar's above link is very good - I may give this a go on one settled account I have that was plastered with late payments.

Comment

Update.

Cabot has now been removed from credit history as it is now statuet barred. However in the post today was a "Limited Offer" from Cabot offering a 30% discount on a disputed debt and now barred. The letter is dated the 20 June which is after the date of the barring, do I ignore or politely tell them to foxtrot oscar?

Comment

Just file the letter away with the other paperwork and await their next letter.

They might sell the alleged debt to MacKenzie Hall.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              indeed, there are many meanings for the epiphet 'teabag' and I'm sure all of them apply to DCAs
              I am sure that no DCA ever offered me that service!
              Last edited by CleverClogs; 22nd June 2011, 17:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                I am sure that no DCA ever offered me that service!
                and hopefully you'd decline it CC

Comment

Quite.

I'd not know where they'd been.

Comment

Can they sell a statute barred debt?

Comment

Mackenzie Hall will buy anything, probably for only a few quid and try to intimidate the weak and vulnerable members of society into paying.
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Jjohnboy2000 View Post
                        Can they sell a statute barred debt?
                        Yes, of course they can.

Just because most people crap into a khazi which they then flush and dispose of their rubbish via the local council, that doesn't mean that some people would try to sell it.
                        Last edited by CleverClogs; 23rd June 2011, 15:43:PM.

Comment

But if they buy a debt that has been struck off and disputed would Cabot not been in breach of the Data protection act?

Comment

Originally posted by Jjohnboy2000 View Post
                            But if they buy a debt that has been struck off and disputed would Cabot not been in breach of the Data protection act?
                            No.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X