• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

deb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deb

Hi there,

I have a debt with MBNA who passed it to Wescott. Wescott sent me a letter to advise me not to pay them anymore, that the debt had been passed and someone would get in touch with me. I got a phonecall today from someone asking me to confirm personal details he asked for the 1st line of my address which I gave him. He them asked if I had moved as this wasn't the address he had on file. So I asked him who he was and said I wouldn't give him any information until he told me who he was and why he was calling. He said he was from Arrow Global and said that I knew who they were. I advised that I didn't. He said he would call me on Monday, by which time I should remember who they are.Following the call I do realise that they are the company takeing over this debt, as I googled the name. I had a further 3 calls on my house phone, leaveing no message and a text on my mobile phone.

I don't wish to discuss anything with them as I have not had any letters from them.
    I would appreciate any advice on how to go deal with them, Please !!!!!!!!!!!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    Tags: None

Re: deb

watchya.

Sounds like you need to have a read of the first link in my sigge.
    It helps when dealing with DCA's

Comment

Hi Deb,

First of all welcome to LB.

It is always recommended that you don't speak to any DCA on the phone. It's quite simple, refuse to go through security and just ask from now on for everything to be in writing for the avoidance of doubt. You have every right to ask for this.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

A little light entertainment from Arrow while you are waiting........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkGgdIBX1to
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X