• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

3 Mobile and Lowell,chapter 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Mobile and Lowell,chapter 1

Hello everyone got a problem with 3 Mobile I hope I can get help with
    Right are you sitting comfortably------then I'll begin about 3 years ago the wife took out a contract with 3 M then decided she could not afford it so her friends
    son said he would take it over so off they went to the shop the son his Mum and the wifes sister.At the shop,after the assistant made a phone call they were told this could be done, I might add that I didn't know anything about this at the time,anyway her friend and her son signed a form to take over the contract and for him to start making the payments from his bank account.After a month or so a bill came to our house and the wife phoned up and explained again about the change of contract and took the bill down for her friends son to pay which he did then we heard no more for afew months then another bill came and again the wife phoned up and explained again,since then we have heard nothing from them untill we received a letter from Lowell Finance stating that she owed £283.87,when she phoned them up the girl got her to agree to pay so much a month (this is when I first heard about it) So I spoke to them on the phone and explained the situation about the change over of the contract and asked them they could provide ne with a copy of the contract and copies of the invoices to which the girl replied if they do that then the bill would have to be paid in full and there would be no chance to pay monthly,eventually they pnoned back and I explained again about the change over and they said they would look into it,when Lowell got back to us they said that 3 Mobile had told them that the wife had been informed the change over could take place but not for 4 months and nobody had phoned up after the 4 months to confirm this,as I stated above the wife explained twice about the change after which we never heard from them,the point is if it was still in her name how come the bill was allowed to build up that much without them contacting her earlier,further more after contacting the son who took over the contract he states that he paid every thing he owed and would not have run up a bill that big anyway.He has moved out of the area so can only contact him on Face book I have asked him if he can supply any proof he has paid or if he can remember the mobile number as you can't seem to get any joy from 3M by just quoting names.I hope if you are reading this you did not drop off and there's someone out there who can offer some advice.
    Thanks
    Fillyfun
    Tags: None

Re: 3 Mobile and Lowell,chapter 1

Lowell Financial are terrible!

Put the account into, DISPUTE.

And, make a FULL SAR (subject access request) to 3Mobile in order to obtain all information about what actually occured; the logs and screen notes should throw some light on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      Lowell Financial are terrible!

Put the account into, DISPUTE.

And, make a FULL SAR (subject access request) to 3Mobile in order to obtain all information about what actually occured; the logs and screen notes should throw some light on the matter.

Thanks for the advice Angry Cat,could you give me info about how to go about this

Fillyfun

Comment

Send your Subject Access Request to:

The Data Controller
        Three
        Star House
        20 Grenfell Road
        Maidenhead
        SL6 1EH

The statutory fee payable if £10.

Comment

Update to above post-----
          Sent SAR to Lowell and 3mobile,Lowell returned all phone conversation records,also copies of letters from Red and Lowell to the address of the person who we changed the contract over to,these letters where in the wifes name,they also say that the original contract was taken out in the wifes name at this address which it was not (the contract was taken out at a 3mobile shop in our address and signed by the wife,they have not provided a copy of this contract.3 Mobile have not yet returned any information (first recorded delivery letter went missing,still waiting to hear from the post off about that ) or confirmed that they have received the request (tracked the letter and it was received and signed for).

Question---Do lowell need to have a copy of the original contract?

Phill

Comment

Hi There, New To This, So Please Bear With Me.... I Too Have Become The Subject Of A Relentless Chase, On Behalf Of 3 Mobile, By Lowell An Co. They Are Trying To Get Payment For A Terminated/transferred Contract, I Was Rung By 3 Mobile, Part Way Into A Contract, And Talked Into Changing It,with A One Off Charge To Transfer To A Lower Rate , I Made The Payment And Believed I Was On A Cheaper One, Now Some 5 Or 6 Years Later, 3 Mobile Want The Difference????? I Can Not Make Sense Of The Asians When I Try To Sort This Out On The Phone, Aghhhh... The Interesting Thing Is That 3 Mobile Have Renewed This Same Contract Several Times Since,as I Am Still With Them.. Something I Wont Do When Current One Expires. ( Dont Care What Incentives They Offer Me) I Have Been Advised To Apply For A Data Access Request, By Lowell An Co. Seems A Bit Confusing On Line, But Will Write To Address In Maiden Head I Found On This Forum,thanks,.... Has Anyone Else Had Same Problems, And What Was The Outcome, Would Welcome Any Advice. Cheers, Glen..... Somewhat Confused!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X