• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New here......probs with benefits DLA etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here......probs with benefits DLA etc.

I found Legal Beagles on one of my searches for help with finding out about any benefits I might be entitled to as I am waiting to hear when my DLA appeal will happen. I am not holding my breath as I was told in the letter from the tribunal service that I would probably not get a hearing before July *rolls eyes* due to a backlog.

I don't have enough NI contributions to get IB as I have been on NI credits since 1993. I was ill and my husband off work for 4 years to look after me and although I was entitled to IB, I hadn't got the necessary contributions to claim it. Originally I gave up work to bring up my children but after a messy divorce, I was left a single parent with no opportunity to work [couldn't afford childminder] so I decided not to waste my time and started on some qualifications but that all had to stop when I became my mother's full time carer until she died. I then met and married a lovely man and thought things were finally going OK but shortly after the birth of our son, my daughter died following a road traffic accident. I was in hospital myself at the time as I had had complications following my sterilisation when my son was born. I was very ill but somehow kept going until a couple of years later when I had a massive breakdown [after my elder daughter left home in less than happy circumstances]. Since then I have never been well. I have CFS and fibromyalgia as well as Cervical and lumbar spondylitis [osteoarthritis], underactive thyroid and IBS. Some times I can't walk at all but at best I can't walk far but apparently because my condition is "variable" I don't automatically qualify for DLA. I applied a couple of years ago and had to have a tribunal where they were less than sympathetic and their explanation said that they preferred the visiting doctor's version to mine The clerk of court told me that if I had come with a representative and the right pieces of paper I would have got it. So I joined Benefitsandwork.co.uk and filled in my form as best I could with their advice but still got rejected. I am waiting to go to an appointment at the CAB to see if they can help.

Sorry this all sounds so moany :violin:
    Tags: None

Re: New here......probs with benefits DLA etc.

from my experince everyone is rejected the firsttime round it seems to be the policy now . On the appeal documents you need tosay cannot walk wothout severe discomfort.
    Check with you local council they may have a welfare rights officer. if they do ask if they can attend the tribual hearing with you .
    In the mean time keep tying for every enfit |IS , Income based JSA , council tax benefit , housng benefit, look on web to see if ther any charities you can apply to . meantime everyone here will listen and help as best they can .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X