• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pester Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pester Power

Hi new to this forum so take it easy with me please! Letters and phone calls,all within a few short hours from a company called ScotCall Debt Collecting Services???
    I will not dispute the money £150's which i was whilst in employment paying at £50 a month. Would appreciate anybody's advice before I make any contact with this collection firm.

It is a bill passed on from Salford City Housing.

Unemployment benefit will only stretch so far! What would be a reasonable amount to offer? Thank you all for any help or advice you may have.
    Tags: None

Re: Pester Power

PP,

Do not phone ScottCall at all. What is the debt for?

Have a read of Curly Ben's excellent guide here:

Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Any questions after reading, just ask away!

Comment

First off, thanks very much Casper for such a quick reply. This is an incredible forum,more so now than ever!

As yet I have managed to stave off any person to person contact (PRESS 1 FOR... PRESS 2 FOR...., decided not to press any and they hung up) so as yet no contact. My first port of call tomorrow was going to be the local CAB.

Its an old debt,from a couple of years back. Missed payments of rent that have been passed on to, 1st a company called Rossendales Collect, and now to a second collection firm ScotCall Debt Collecting Services, seems to have taken over the debt.

In truth I have no problem with the fact yes I owe this money. Its now being so recently made unemployed how much or in truth how little I can afford,or will be expected to pay back monthly.

Thanks once again.

Comment

First thing to do is send Scot Call the Prove It letter (off the top of my head, i think it's no4 in CB's thread!). You are entitled to know they have the right to be collecting this debt, and you did not owe it to them originally, so a Prove It is perfectly in order. Afterall, I could have written to you demanding payment - would you pay me?

Comment

Will give the letter a go,and get back with their reply. Let you know how it pans out.:tinysmile_aha_t: Much less worried today thanks to the wonderful people on this site.

Cheers Jim:beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X