• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi to anyone who reads this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to anyone who reads this

Hello
    This is a short introduction to what seems to be a very friendly and helpful forum. I won't go into too much detail at this early stage for fear of boring you all with my history of past and current debts .I suspect that I am like many of you in that an unexpected incident or series of events hit you for more than 6 and alk of a sudden you felt yourself drowning.In my case a number of things over a comparatively short period of time put me in a situation that in my worst dreams i had never faced. I have learned to control - to a significant extent - those excruciating panic attacks, where everything just seems to close in around you and, I don't mind admitting, sometimes lead you to the sort of thoughts that go something like "....I can't take this anymore....this is not a life but a living nightmare...."Fortunately, some close friends and a profound belief in that one day it will get better and I will look back and be able to laugh is what gets me through on a day to day basis.
    I realise that my own situation is most probably nowhere near to the problems many of you have had and are still having.
    Even now though I cannot allow myself to go back to that time where financial issues/problems did not feature. A well paid job [a very well paid job] in what is normaly considered as safe as you can get [I had a senior management post in the public sector], a career path that seemed to have just one direction - up. [And a job that I actually enjoyed.]And the future at age 60 which would give me a pension based on final salary. I sometimes cannot believe that I literally had more money than I could spend!! [well, without being really stupid which at times I was].But in addition to having the solid security of a "gold plated pension" I was able to save about £400 per month into various savings schemes - 2 of which turned out to be totally disastrous and losing me at least £20K. I have two great passions - music and literature.Over a period of 30 years I built up a music collection of vinyl and CDs that was almost 2000 in number. And, of course, I had a system [or rather a main set-up] that cost as much as the music collection. At today's prices the average cost of each disc was approximately £10-12 so you can easily see what the value of that passion was worth. It almost seems unbelievable - I even had the luxury of having a "music room". Then my books. I graduated in english a long long time ago - almost 35 years ago and if I had a large number of discs that figure was dwarfed by the number of books. I just loved the feel of them and they were certainly not something of decorative value. Indeed, the majority were paperbacks which only cost a couple of pound and been read at least once but most more times.However, in replacement value - what the acquisition cost was - I would estimate a figure not that far different from the cost of my musical indulgences.I had it too easy and I did not realise that fact. But, more importantly I did not realise how fragile all this was. I have always been aware of many of my weaknesses [which in many scenarios and settings are seen as strengths]. The first is that I used to have a total belief that I could do it - whatever it was - by myself. I didn't need anyone else. I thought I was so b..... clever. And if there was one thing I was terrible at was accepting advice [a very common human failing?]. But I did always saw having to ask for help as a weakness.Again, that "quality" of self-realiance is often viewed as a strength. I have learned the hard way that there is a time when you do need help. I think I have developed to a limited extent the skill or the awareness of when I need to seek help from those that have the experience, the knowledge and the ability and willingness to impart it to others.
    Through my own fault - stubboirness I suppose - I did things that I should not have done, and did not do things that I should have done [such as giving in to threats and intimidation/not making use of organisations such as the FOS/continuing to make payments on debts when I should not have done. The list goes on and on and on.]. At the moment I have disputes with lloydtsb/mbna/capital one/westcott financial services/welsh water/E.on/my previous employers/my local authority - too numerous to mention. The financial significance of some of these may be quite limited.Indeed, I imagine that "they" can do it because Regulation 6, Paragraph 232, [as amended]*sub-section 12, clause 4, sub-clause (i) says that [see our document available by writing to......*the amended version applies if you are.....in all other cases your original terms&conditions apply etc...

The fact remains that many of these issues remain unresolved. For a range of reasons they were not pursued because of the amount of work involved and the feeling that the institutionalised bureaucracy - whatever the organisation - is designed to make things as difficult as possible.However, the feeling of elation when you get even a little victory, however small perhaps not even financial, can spur you on. :carolers:I apologise for a rather long intro. It was meant to be short but I digressed.
    I hope that 2011 is as good for you as I intend it to be for me.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi to anyone who reads this

A Warm welcome to legal beagles. Which matter is the most pressing matter and is in need of urgent attention?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X