• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi to everyone, look forward to your views and info.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to everyone, look forward to your views and info.

My first question for everyone out there:
    What do you know and what are your experiences with 'Mortimer Clarke Solicitors'????
    I have just come across them through a communication, at the foot of which it states the Director being a Richard Mathias and also it states that they are regulated by the 'Solicitors Regulation Authority'
    I have been onto the SRA site and fed in both Mathias and Mortimer Clarke....neither are registered with the SRA and no information comes up for them......

I apparently have been placed with a judgement in court, following which a charging order is stated for interest under section 3(4) of the Charging Orders Act 1979 which provides that: 'The harging order takes effect as an equitable charge created by the judgement debtor by writing under his hand'....

Intrerest is NOT accruing under the Judgement order....it is accrusing on the Charging Order........

Seems highly suspect to me!!! no documentation is forthcoming showing Court documents at all........ in spite of repeated requests to them....

It would appear from the above that anyone with a Judgement can write under his own hand an Interest charge accruing for whatever amount....I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT.......there are4 regulations in place to stop rogue trsansactions.......so I would be interested in your experiences and opinions.
    Many thanks

Pallaz1851
    Tags: None

Re: Hi to everyone, look forward to your views and info.

Sorry that your first reply is from someone who cannot help you.

I have replied to let you know that people do read the posts on here, and I am sure that someone who knows will be along shortly!

Comment

Re: Hi to everyone, look forward to your views and info.

Hi Vickydumbell, thanks for the contact and I await with interest.

Comment

E.on increase in charges and dispute

E.On is the last of the major suppliers make an announcement on prices this winter
        Customers of energy firm E.On will see a 9% increase in electricity prices and a 3% rise in gas prices from 4 February.

Thought this might be of interest to someone out there with similar experience of E.on

My problems began in Feb 2010 when I received a notice that they were changing my meter (not pre paid by the way) quote "we find that the meter at your property is over 15 years old, we shall be replacing it with a more efficient meter which should identify savings for you"!!
        Duly in April a guy turns up and changes the meter, the following quarterly bill was received and upon checking it was certainly above 25% more expensive than the corresponding quarter of year previous! also noting that it said estimated.
        This was ridiculous because we were in when the chap turned up and read the meter, we even had a conversation about the new meter should make the bill cheaper!
        I duly WROTE to E.on, I never deal with the call centres, put it in writing!!!! - Never heard a thing for five weeks, next a chap turns up on the door and says he has come to discuss my non payment!!! and his visit is costing me a £30.00 charge....I was fuming!! showed him the letter and we did have a civil conversation!...(He let me into a secret - he says!...if I pay the bill as far as £59.00 below its total then he is not allowed to instigate a visit even though that amount remains outstanding!!!) - what if my dispute is more than the £59.00 though????
        Next comes a threatening letter from Buchanan Clarke and Wells telling me that their charges would be an additional £230.00 for their costs if I did not pay up by return or contact them (application for warrant of entry to install a pre payment meter...)

I wrote once more asking why the bill was excessive, I received E.on's reply, they were sending out another meter reader, as I had accused the last one of lying (estimated), he physically read the meter in my presence....a week later TWO people turned up to read the meter!!! (how many does it take to change a light bulb???).........Nothing happened...we are by now approaching the next quarterly bill date and I haven't paid a penny off the last bill......I then get another letter from BCW.....this blew my top!!! so I wrote once more to e.on.......they are now sending a further meter reader!!!....they can't find my new meter registered anywhere!!!!
        A guy from Siemens comes some days later and he says that when the old meter was taken out they did NOT record the readings, neither did they register the new meter to my address!! - I also did NOT have the foresight to take the meter readings off the old one either...lesson to learr from this ......if in this position you MUST DO THIS...they are incompetent...... so cannot challenge your figures...make it work for you if you get my drift!!!

I duly received the following quarterly bill which was in line with the previous year - NO SAVINGS!!! (what the hell!!) - so I paid that one leaving the previous still unpaid....I received a letter from E.on saying they were sending me an ammended bill for the one in question, in the post for 1st November....Never received!!.....at this point I am well out of bed on the outstanding bill and here once more comes BCW so I told them where to go and sent copies of my letters to E.on saying see you in Court I want to hear what the Magistrate says to BCW and E.on's conduct....I am advised at this point by a friend (Solicitor) to pay what I think the bill should be and leave it there....so I am now £86.00 outstanding from THREE quarters ago, for I now have this quarterly bill........WHAT A LOAD OF IDIOTS.....The lesson I am trying to put across is.... First - do not ring - write, secondly if threatened - threaten back, thirdly refuse to accept the charge for the visit UNLESS all correspondence has been satisfied and at that point they may be correct in procedure, otherwise they are certainly NOT!!!!

Have Fun!!!!
        Lol
        Last edited by pallaz1851; 12th January 2011, 21:58:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X