• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest payments

Hi and hello to all :-)

I have a capquest debt which we are paying monthly. I was contacted a while back when they 1st started this when I was seriously ill with depression and these people threatened me with Court action and making us sell our house etc and to be fair my partner panicked and started paying this debt.

I have no copy of the CCA and need advice

1. Should I request a copy of the CCA and cease paying if they cannot or will not supply it?

2. If they have used unfair methods to make me pay can I recover sums paid to them if they would appear not to have the relevant docs in place?
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest payments

I have extensive experienced with CrapQuest and they are good at breaking all the collection rules. Having said that, they had to write off my debt-you can read about it elsewhere on here. First send of a CCA and also a SARS application-use the standard template letters on here and send the fees. That will buy you time. Then let us know on here what they come up with.

Secondly, with regard to recovering sums paid, I also paid them a few small token amounts before getting the account written off. However, I never managed to recover the sums paid. According to advice that I was given here, getting such ones back is night on impossible.

Get the CCA and SARS things off recorded delivery ASAP-CrapQuest are experts at denying receiving post, so make sure it is recorded. Also, send the letter saying that you want everything in writing-no phone calls.

Keep us posted with all development, tale it a step at a time and don't panic! Enjoy Xmas.
    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Thaks you Debtisbad

I will send off the revevant letters asap - should I stop paying them once I have done this or continue paying till I get a reply. They consistantly increase my payments and Im now unemployed and these payments are crippling me .

Not quite sure where I stand on this but letter winging its way to crapquest

Charlotte

Comment

Until you get the responses to the CCA and SARS and people on here can advise as to what the situation is, I guess you should keep up payments. However, you don't have to give in to their increases. Use the template on here to workout income and expenditure to cakculate a redeuced payment comensurate with your situation.
        Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X