• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim - time running out - quickly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim - time running out - quickly

Hi to all hope some body can help me!

I am in the midst of trying to put a defence together to file asap at Manchester County Court and a) not sure what I should put down B) whether the facts I have correlated together are a defence c) if I am going about it in the right way - I will post my supposed defence below and I would be obliged for any feedback whatsoever, here goes:

Claimant : Waverley TBS

Solicitors : Pannone

Defendents: Mrs
    Mrs

Claim No. : O

+++++++

Waverley TBS has recently been taken over, and it is my belief that their offices are awash with Accountants/Solicitors looking for what they term ‘bad debt’ and are looking for any form of perceived asset that could be turned into trading cash.

Mrs …….. and I ceased trading with Waverley TBS in October 2008.

The first indication that I had that the claimant, through their solicitors Pannone, were intent on pursuing us for a supposed debt was a letter dated 1 October 2010.

The figure they pertain is outstanding is different to that which appears on the Claim Form issued by Manchester County Court.

This letter is the only correspondence I have received directly from their Manchester Offices.

Both Mrs …… and I deny having a loan, under the terms set out in that letter. The account number quoted is not and never has been our account number with Waverley TBS when at the A... Inn.

I contend that the Particulars of Claim are so poorly particularised, and are set out in such a manner, as to hamper and hinder, us, the defendants’, in being able to file a reliable defence.

Pannone have deliberately refused to acknowledge my correspondence, letters dated ……. ……….. And …… one a 'Prove it' letter and two CPR31.14 request they were obliged to do as, until allocated, this case remains trackless.

It is my belief that Pannone are putting this case before the Court in the hope that the court will rely much more heavily on 'balance of probabilities' rather than strict proof in black and white.

Our account number with Waverley TBS was ………… and we did have a trade agreement with Waverley TBS for the sum of £5000 – however this was written off by the claimant in October 2008 – I have in my possession a document which I hope that the court will acknowledge as proof of same.

I would also ask the court to ask Pannone why they filed this claim citing Mrs ……… address as the B.. H…… Inn, C……… (the address to which Mrs ……… told them she was moving to in the above document when the said trading agreement was written off) and mine as M……………….. (which they would have had to find via the electoral roll) – Mrs C……… has had no papers from Manchester County Court served on her as she has lived with me since we both moved from the B.. H………. Inn in September 2009 (and Mrs ……… is also shown on the same electoral roll where they found mine address).

Mrs ………. wrote to the Court on 20 October 2010 informing them of this fact.

I therefore respectfully request that the court Strike Out this claim for the following reasons:

1. I have no knowledge of the account that Pannone have sited

2. That Pannone did:

a) Knowingly site Mrs ………..’s address on the claim form as the B.. H…… Inn in the knowledge that a judgment would be awarded against her if she did not make an Acknowledgment to court

b) Knowingly have knowledge of the abovementioned letter in which Mrs C……….. acknowledged to Mr C R………. of Waverley TBS the writing off of the debt which took place in November 2008 when we ceased trading at the A…. Inn or else the court papers would not have been forwarded to that address

hope this all makes sense as the whole rigmarole is getting so mix up I am having difficulty following my self now -

as I intimated Pannone have completedly ignored all correspondence I have written to them - I have had to employ a solicitor to get a copy of my trade agreement sent over from their offices in Manchester - but I cannot afford his services for more than this. He also supposedly got us an extension to file the defence by seven days - but when I checked the court this am they say the deadline is 4.00pm tomorrow - however our solicitor says that the extra seven days stand as it was an agreement between solicitors! whatever that means!

any help to formulate a defence would be appreciated

Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim - time running out - quickly

Firstly, can you type up the particulars of claim from the court form - that will help.

You used to/do own/run a pub, and had an outstanding account with Waverley TBS, and it is this they are claiming for repayment of. They wrote it off in 2008 (if you can type up the content of the letter that says this that would help too) after you stopped using them. I assume the debt they are claiming is the same one they 'wrote off'

I think you have gone in to too much detail in the defence and its a bit confused.

Lets see the Particulars of claim and that write off letter and we can go from there.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X