• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance - HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance - HELP

Hi - I really need some help urgently.

In short in Oct 2007 I took out HP with Welcome finance for a car. I took out Mechanical Breakdown (MB) with this as the sales advisor stated that I would not be granted credit without this added on. The car fell into difficulties and we tried to claim on the MB on several occasions without any luck. I logged a formal complaint with Welcome head office in Oct 2009 after the car failed its MOT. The complaint ran and ran and I was passed from pillar to post, I ceased payments until a suitable resolution was made and the case is now with the FOS. I have missed 4 payments and have been issued with a default notice followed by a termination letter and the balance is due in full, even tho pymts were held as the case was with FOS???? I have paid +5k off the £8830 starting balance and only have £3300 left to pay with 15 months on the term. I need help as they have threatend to take my car away and after paying 5k I am not giving up without a fight! They have offered to set up and new contract which I have to sign, I duly went into my local branch and did this, I waited and then was told that I needed to sign another contract as the new one contained invalid details and was now void???? I need help, I am now 4 months in arrears but still over the threshold for them to recover my vehicle without a court oder, I am not paying any further payments until this is resolved.

Please help really stressed out and worried and they are now using bully boy tactic and calling me four or five times a day

Re: Welcome Finance - HELP

Hi Mate

I suggest you to proceed against the company legally under the framed laws.

average conveyancing costs

Comment

Hi there - isnt this for the sale/puchase of a house?? Please advise coz i really need help!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by czt21r View Post
        Hi - I really need some help urgently.

In short in Oct 2007 I took out HP with Welcome finance for a car. I took out Mechanical Breakdown (MB) with this as the sales advisor stated that I would not be granted credit without this added on. The car fell into difficulties and we tried to claim on the MB on several occasions without any luck. I logged a formal complaint with Welcome head office in Oct 2009 after the car failed its MOT. The complaint ran and ran and I was passed from pillar to post, I ceased payments until a suitable resolution was made and the case is now with the FOS.
        If the FOS are dealing with them then you need to send every letter your eceive of Welcome. Welcme shouldn't even be contacing you if this is the case. FOS told me in my situation with Welcome (not too disimilar to yours) thati s Welcome wrote a letter or phoned, to not respond and send it to them instead.

I have missed 4 payments and have been issued with a default notice followed by a termination letter and the balance is due in full, even tho pymts were held as the case was with FOS???? Again you need to tell FOs this.

I have paid +5k off the £8830 starting balance and only have £3300 left to pay with 15 months on the term. I need help as they have threatend to take my car away and after paying 5k I am not giving up without a fight! They cannot collect the car without a court order if you have paid a certain amount. Also should they take it to court whilst being dealt with as a dispute with FOS then the FOS do not look kindly on this, take it from me I know!

They have offered to set up and new contract which I have to sign, I duly went into my local branch and did this, why did you have to sign another contract, as this is a way of Welcome hiding errors as well as adding interest on top of interest. what type of agreement is the new contract? Is it still HP? If not then they can't collect your car from you as it then turns a HP secured loan into a unsecured loan - they've made this error before, idiots.

I waited and then was told that I needed to sign another contract as the new one contained invalid details and was now void???? Yes right, they are trying to cover their arses. I need help, I am now 4 months in arrears but still over the threshold for them to recover my vehicle without a court oder, I am not paying any further payments until this is resolved.

Please help really stressed out and worried and they are now using bully boy tactic and calling me four or five times a day
        You need to send a letter of harrassment to them to stop the telephone calls. I'll see if I can find the template for you. As I mentioned above, if the FOS is involved then Welcome should not even be contacting you at all. They are bullying you as they will monitor your responses to calls to see if they can get a panicked payment from you. If you refuse to get into debate with them and refer everything to FOS then the calls do stop.

The length of time it takes for a dispute with Welcome even when FOS are involved gives you an idea of how uncooperative Welcome are even with the FOS. Last time I spoke to FOS about my case they said they were overwhelmed with complaints about Welcome and that complaints were taking considerable time to resolve because Welcome are very slow at responding to them if at all, but that I was to send everything I received to FOS as they would be dealing with them directly.

also as another point, if you took Mechanical Breakdown or any other insurance (not just PPI) then you need to ask Welcome via a SAR for the schedule of Insurance and the Policy document. This is also partly connected to a lot of people not being paid out when trying to claim.

I have seen serious documentation that seems to suggest that insurances charged for don't actually exist - ie quote from a certain insurance company but that was never actually paid for. This particular Insurance Company after a lot of phone calls TOLD ME that they only give quotes but that Welcome do not use them for taking the actual policy out. However Welcome state that if you want further documents that is who holds the Schedule of Insurance!!! Its much more complex than that but I don't think it would be wise to go into full details on a forum as a lot of it is under investigation.
        Last edited by fighting debt; 20th August 2010, 14:24:PM. Reason: spelling as usual

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply, I suspected that this may have been the case and I will deal with only FOS from now on. I will take each point you have addressed and make sure I do my damdest to get the result I want.

I feel more confident about it all as other people has similiar experiences as me.

brilliant advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X