• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone, Just a little advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, Just a little advice please

I am currently having a huge disagreement with the manufacturer of my car; it is currently in the local franchise awaiting a very serious repair.

The car is 6 years old and has suffered a major electrical failure caused by a flaw in its original design, it now needs a full re-wire and is going to cost me nearly £1600, I have been told by the franchise that the Factory will as a goodwill gesture pay 50% as they are aware that this part fails on certain vehicles and that the component has been modified so that it will not fail again.

I asked the manufacturer, for the rationale behind that as they are aware that there is a problem and that’s why they will contribute 50%, (oh yeah 50% ex the VAT which I think is unfair as I a consumer not a registered company so I cannot claim it back ) and they have said this is because the car is 72 months old, and has not been serviced all its life via a franchise, on my manufacturers website under their FAQ, it does say it does not have to be serviced by one of their franchises and the part that has failed is a non serviceable part. My Manufacturer is part of a huge group that currently has 4 vehicle brands working under its umbrella and other models within the group under a different manufacturing badge suffer the same issue and not just in the UK. They still say that I have showed no brand loyalty as I chose to service the car elsewhere, regardless that every major part that has needed replacing has been replaced via the franchise when it could have been done elsewhere at a fraction of the cost.

The only answer they can give me is it needs to be serviced by a franchise!! Which is unfair when the part is not a serviceable part, is there anything I can do to make them pay as I have spent £650 so far replacing parts that have gone faulty due to this loom failing or that the original design was in fact flawed

Thank you

Sazelle

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X